xviii. 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Cora had a good sleep schedule going on recently

Cora had a good sleep schedule going on recently. She had to get to sleep earlier in order to wake up and make sure she looked nice, which consisted of doing her makeup three different times. She knew it was ridiculous, and she'd gotten better about what clothes she hated and didn't wear, especially since Eli had made it pretty clear he was crazy about her either way. But, because of the past, she was still stuck in the loop of making him stay foe her looks. Yet, here he was, completely messing up her schedule by throwing rocks at her window.

"What are you doing?" Cora leaned out the window, her eyes squinted from just waking up, voice scratchy. "Why are you throwing things at my window?"

"Hey." he looked up at her from the ground. "What are you doing?"

Cora looked around in disbelief. "Skydiving. What do you think i'm doing?"

"I know both of us are kinda in weird head spaces right now." he ignored her, looking up her with a gentle smile. "But, would you maybe wanna go to prom together?"

Cora reddened in the face, her lips turning into a bright smile. "Really?"

"Well, yeah." he laughed shyly up at her. "I'd get it if you don't want to."

"No, i'd love to." the blonde grinned, looking backwards. "Stay right there."

Then, she was gone.

Eli waited, rocking on his heels slightly. He started to get embarrassed, maybe thinking she just was waiting for him to leave. Those negative thoughts didn't linger long when the front door open, Coras bare feet running across the front lawn as she met him in a kiss in the dark.

"Coras really cute." Demetri spoke to Eli as the blonde was busy talking to a few of the girls that stopped to hug her. "She seems sweet."

"She is." Eli nodded his head, watching her across the floor. "I don't know why she's so into me."

"Dude." Demetri slapped his arm. "What was it you told me? It's not about to hair. The way of life. Come on, you have one of the prettiest girls into you. That's the way of life."

Eli looked over as Cora was clearly trying to break free from the group of girls. "I really like her."

"Then go over there and save her." Demetri encouraged him with a nod of his head. Eli sighed, adjusting his bow tie as he walked over toward the group of girls.

"Okay, I really do need to go." Cora broke away from the team when she saw Eli. "I'll find you in a little bit."

A grin went across his face as she met him. "You looked like you needed some saving."

"They just all want to know everything." Cora took a breath with a shake of her head. "Do you want to dance?"

"Dance?" his eyebrows went up, looking around. "Here?"