xv. 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡

"Listen up

"Listen up. Gather around." Terry spoke up, the Cobra Kai's crowding together to listen to their sensei. Cora dropped her back quickly, hurrying to get in line. "We just had a little powwow with the senseis at Miyagi-Do. From here on out, there'll be no more fighting until the tournament."

"So our enemies get to humiliate us, and we have to back down and take it?" Tory asked in disbelief from the front row. Cora looked weary.

"Of course not. We should always show our enemies no mercy." Kreese spoke up from behind Silver.

"But there's a time to fight." Terry interfered. "No need to waste a punch if it's not gonna score a point."

"So if your enemies do something to mess with you or laugh in your face, good!" Terry looked down the line of students. "Take all that anger and store it. Because you're gonna need it when the time comes. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sensei." they all said back on sync.

Cora stretched her legs before her, getting ready for training. She felt eyes on her, looking over to see Kyler, Robby, and Tory all had been looking her way. It was obvious whatever they were talking about, she somehow was apart of it. Cora felt left out, standing up and walking over. "Hey."

"Hey, C." Robby said back, stretching his arms.

"What are you guys talking about?" she tried to make it seem natural, like she wasn't totally curious.

"Nothing." Tory spoke up quickly, making Cora stare into her eyes. "Just about the movie last night."

Yet, something told Cora that wasn't what they were discussing. And, whatever it was, they didn't want her to be involved.

Cora smiled at her phone, laid across her bed later that night.

To Hawk: I really like the purple.

From Hawk: How much?

To Hawk: It's been my favorite so far:)

From Hawk: I'll let you pick the next color.

To Hawk: oh really?

From Hawk: I feel like I just made a mistake.

To Hawk: you definitelyyyyy did.

Minutes had pasted, and there wasn't an answer. Cora realized maybe there hadn't been anything to say in return. Not wanting to stop talking, she picked up her phone again.

To Hawk: have you ever thought about taking a weekend trip?

Still, no answer. Cora frowned, tossing her phone to the side and assuming he had been busy and he'd text her back later.

But, no text came.

The last person Cora expected to show up at her door was Demetri. They hadn't spoken all but one time, and that was when he was swinging his pencil around and it accidentally flew and hit Cora in the arm. He said he was sorry, and that was it. "Oh, hi Demetri."