These thoughts go round and round in my head on loop, torturing myself because I couldn't think of anything else. How could I?

Cleo... my Cleo.

"Fuck," I curse to myself and drop my head to the palms of my hands. "I'm so sorry."

A loud crash disturbs my train of thought, I pull away from my desk and glance towards my door. The sound of staggered stumbling and then an echoing that made my eyebrows crease, it sounded like someone had decided to move in and throw all the furniture around.

Just as I stand from my desk to investigate, my name rings in my ears. "Kassian!" It was quiet but I could just about make out the syllables.

My feet can't carry me to my office door quick enough, gripping onto the handle and swinging it open as fast as I could. I emerge from my office and stand out in the hall, unaware of where the noise was coming from.

The sound of stomping footsteps shoots down the hall.

That's when I saw her.

Her brunette hair falling over her shoulders, her body stumbling into the wall gently. She attempts to glance around, clearly still disorientated from her seven day coma.

Cleo's eyes find mine, my knees almost buckle at the sight of her. My lips part and tears gather in my eyes instantly. I push off the floor, my legs carrying me to her quickly. She attempts to meet me halfway but her weakness was evident.

I open my arms wide, her limp body falling into mine as I engulf her tightly. My hand clutching the back of her head as we lower to the floor, feeling the bond race through my veins a thousand times a second.

Finally managing to take a breath, holding my soulmate between my arms, her ice cold skin against mine was making me shiver. Goosebumps stretching out across my body as she grips onto my hoodie with her nimble fingers.

My wolf howls in satisfaction and forces me to try and warm up her body. Every inch of her felt as cold as ice and I never wanted her to be alone again. Heat wraps around my heart, inhaling her sweet scent deeply almost sent me off into a frenzy, but I regain my consciousness and focus on now, on her.

She smelt so beautifully delicious to me. And she was all mine. This perfect being was all mine.

"Oh baby," I mumble into her hair to release a tight breath I'd been holding, rocking her body ever so gently. "You're home, you're home and you're safe now."

Cleo releases a small cry, my arms strengthen instantly. Not wanting to let her go for another second. No one could take her away from me again, she wasn't going anywhere because I couldn't bear another second without her.

I pull back for a moment and take her face between my hands, her chilly skin radiating through my warm palms. Her hazel green eyes flick between mine slowly, light pink rings around her eyes and her perfectly plump lips part softly.

Tears fall down her cheeks and I use my thumbs to wipe them away instantly, lowering my forehead down onto hers. My eyes close with content, she was here and back in my arms. Finally being able to breathe and escape the deep ache inside my chest.

When I open up my eyes again her lips begin to tremble, setting my eyes off with tears. "I am so angry at you," I breathe out slowly, my chest heaving unexpectedly. The words fall from my lips without warning, being able to lay my eyes on her was setting off unknown emotions inside my body.

Cleo's eyes shut tightly, droplets falling from her lashes and down her face. "I know and I'm sorry," she exhales quietly.

Her voice completely broke me, sending shivers down my spine and my wolf beginning to howl inside me. "I'm so sorry," she chokes out a sob. "I never wanted to hurt you."