𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

❥︎Author's Pov

The sun had marked its absence by letting the earth fall dark. Naveen, his friends, his parents, relatives, everyone is roaming around his home and the marriage hall to get the preparations for the reception done.

Naveen was currently in the marriage hall, conversing with the catering service on his phone. "Naveen!" Heeding his dad's voice, he ended the call soon and turned his attention to his father.

"Inform your uncle and aunt to be here early in the morning" his dad spoke. Maira's dad has some health issues, so he wasn't able to look after his niece's wedding preparations.

"Okay appa, (dad) you go and take rest, don't stress yourself" His dad merely nodded his head at his son as he made his way to one of the rooms out of ten rooms that were in the hall for accommodation purposes.

Naveen looked at the time on his phone, it was 8.30 pm. After contacting his uncle and communicating, his fingers on his own opened the messages.

There were so many messages but the one he expected there to be was missing which made his heart frown.

Maira would check upon him all the time. Though she doesn't chat much, the messages of 'had food mama? how was your day mama?' will be consistently sent to him in the morning, afternoon, and night.

She was the one to initiate the conversation most of the time cause Naveen will be normally busy with his work and won't use his phone much.

He swiped down the screen of the phone to read the messages that were exchanged between them at noon.

Maira: 'Had lunch?'

Naveen: Not yet.

Maira: It's 2.30 Naveen mama!

Naveen: I'm busy.

Maira: So?
Go and eat mama. Don't tell excuses, If you don't eat, I will 🔪

He smiled reading their previous messages. He couldn't reply after that as he had some important things to look after.

He sent a 'hi' to see If she was online and yes she was. The message was seen within seconds but there was no reply from her.

He waited a few minutes for her to respond, but simultaneously a call popped on his screen which made him close the messaging app and attend it..his fiance was on the line.

At the same time, Maira was in her bed looking at the message that her Naveen mama had sent to her.

The flame of words he set was still burning in the form of tears in her eyes, now spilling on the mobile screen as her sight was fixed on it.

Right when she felt a little happy that her Naveen mama messaged her first, which is usually so rare..a pile of stones was dumped on her heart weighing it down as she saw him go offline at the moment she was about to answer him.

Even though she was in pain, the message from her Naveen mama had pleased her...but what she didn't know is, the sudden happiness was there, only to make the pain even more worse soon after its extinction.

............

How is it guys?😘