ch 10- grief

DAMIANOS POV***

Me and the guys were playing video games on the x-box when I got the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, have we reached Damiano David?"

"Speaking."

"Just about 30 minutes ago Victoria De Angelis was rushed into the ER along with another girl Coraline Romano due to a car accident.  We have a reason to believe you are close with them."

"Y- yea I- I'll be there in 10 minutes."

*******

"GUYS!" I shouted from the kitchen. "Yea?!" They responded at the same time. "We need to go to the hospital, Vic and Coraline were in a car accident." I said as I rushed towards the door, grabbing my keys on the way. The guys ran from the living room to my car and I drove as fast as I could, not caring about the possibility of getting pulled over.

After the drive, we ran towards the front desk and asked the receptionist for the two girls room numbers. "Room 209 and 205, but please wait for the doctor before entering the rooms, I believe he will review their injury status'." The lady said before we quickly made our way to the waiting room, just outside their doors.

"Mr David?" A doctor appeared, walking towards me, Thomas and Ethan. "Sir." I swallowed hard. I could hear Thomas tap his foot nervously against the shiny hospital floor. "Well, Victoria is in an okay condition, she suffered mild injuries to her right, but will heal." The doctor stopped. "And Coraline?" Ethan asked. "I'm afraid Coraline didn't make it. Her injuries were to severe, including the one directed in her chest. I am incredibly sorry, we did our best." The doctor said.

Oh my god.

No.
No.
No.

"What do you mean she didn't make it!? Sh- she she can't be dead!" Ethan shouted, a little to loud for being in a hospital full of sick, dying and dead people. "I'm sorry, truly, we did the best we could. She put up a great fight." The doctor said and began walking away. "Can we see Victoria!" I shouted after him. The doctor turned around and nodded his head. We followed him to Victorias room. She was sitting there, looking fucking terrified. Oh god how are we supposed to tell her.

"Vic?" I knocked on the half open door. "Damiano." She sighed. "Oh I'm so glad you guys are here." She said as we all came up to hug and formed a group hug.

"How is she?" Victoria asked.

Oh god.

"Vic.. listen. Coraline. She didn't make it." I looked down, tears slowly falling down my cheeks. "What?" Her voice cracked, she also started crying. "I'm sorry Vic, believe me, I really am." I said and looked up at her. "No. No.. no no no no. NO!" She screamed, tears were practically streaming down her face like a waterfall. "NO! SHE CANT BE GONE!" Victoria sobbed loudly. "She can't! She- she can't. No I- I don't believe it." She looked down at the small tubes attached to the top of her hand. "It hit her chest and it went deep. The doctors said she put up a good fight." I said quietly. "I caused this." I can't believe she's really doing this. "I was driving the car. Maybe if I hadn't decide to plan that date then she would be alive. Sh- she wouldn't be dead like she is now! No. No I can't do this! I didn't get to tell her I loved her! And I didn't get to tell her goodbye!" Victoria screamed like a child, the tears burning her cheeks.

"Listen Vic, this in no way was your fault. It was the other drivers fault. Okay?" Ethan put his hand on hers. Apparently saying that made it worse. Thomas hugged her as she sobbed.

I just watched.

I can't believe she's gone.

She's gone.