ch 7- sorry

CORALINES POV***

I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed that Victoria left me with Thomas and Ethan, but I understand that she was mad, and I needed to make friends anyways.

We sat down on the couch and Thomas started talking. "So, are you from Rome?" He asked. "Well, no. I'm from Milan. I grew up there and moved to Rome when I was 20, I needed change." I said. "Woah cool. Your a Milan girl." Thomas said, fascinated my my story. I laughed at his reaction. "I personally like Rome better. Milan is too.. how do I put it?... Much? Yes. I'd say it's too much. Rome is more easy going, I like it a lot." I said. "Well, I'm glad you like Rome then." Ethan joined the conversation. I never knew how easy it was to talk to these two. They're so sweet, I feel really comfortable around them.

Our conversation got cut off by my phone ringing. I lifted my phone and looked at the caller ID. I furrowed my eyebrows. Just a bunch of numbers. "Ill be right back, sorry." I said and got up from the couch. As i walked towards the door I answered the phone. "Hello" I said wrapping my hand around the door handle. "Hi Coraline, it's Leo, from Milan. Um so I don't really know how to put this. But um. So since no one had your number, I had to call you. So um." He paused and I sat down outside, beside the closed door. "Uh there won't be a funeral for your family." My heart sank. "What.." I said quietly, why the fuck is this happening. "I'm sorry, not many people would attend the funeral and it's to much money. Im really sorry." He apologized. I started crying, I didn't even get to say goodbye to my family and now I can't attend their funeral. God I hate my life. "Thanks Leo." I said and hung up the phone.

I sighed and let the tears runs down my cheeks. I really do hate my life. I rested my head back against the wall and looked up as I sobbed. I heard movement beside me and looked to my right, I saw Damiano and Victoria staring at me. I quickly got up and wiped my tears. "Uh sorry, I'll go back inside." I rushed and  turned to face the door and griped the handle, but before I could open the door I felt Victoria pull me into a hug. "I'm sorry." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. "How much did you hear?" I asked as I rested my head on her shoulder. "All of it." Damiano said as he walked towards us. "I'm sorry too." He apologized and joined the hug.