Evillustrator

A/N: Marichat Supremacy 

-

"You can't just fly out of here then decide to make catcalls, Ladybug."

"I'm sorry, that wasn't cool." Out of the corner of Chat's eye, a blonde nuisance waltzed onto the terrace with her yellow Physics binder. Shoulders deflating, he prayed that whatever Ladybug had to tell him over the phone would take him any distance away from the Bourgeois hotel.

Because although Adrien Agreste wasn't on Chloé's favourites list, she was big fan of Chat Noir.

(Because of course she'd be that dumb.)

"But you can ditch Chloé."

"Done in a heartbeat, but why? Where are you?"

"That doesn't matter," she said as Chloé tugged on his bicep. "I need you to protect this girl instead."

An image blinked on his baton's screen.

Dark hair. Cute smile. Big, deceiving blue-bell eyes.

Marinette.

"Her name is Marinette." Oh, he knew. "Pretty, isn't she?"

His gut sank.

He was now in charge of watching... her?

"If you say so," he muttered, scowling at the picture and shoving Chloé off.

She didn't catch it and spoke over him. "The Evillustrator's in love with her and promises not to harm Chloé as long as Marinette comes to his birthday party. While he's distracted, I need you to take him down."

"...What?"

Okay, let him get this straight.

In exchange for Chloé's wellbeing, he had to babysit Marinette. Not only that, but she had no idea that Chat Noir—the stylish, handsome, incredibly dressed, insanely hilarious and respected superhero of Paris—could not stand her.

Nor that he knew how fake she was. That was Adrien's knowledge.

And by the sound of it, he'd be doing it alone.

"Is that really necessary?"

"Uh, yes? What's the problem?"

At another pull on his arm, he snapped and turned Chloé the other way, shoving her off back inside while holding his staff between his ear and shoulder. "Well where are you? Why don't you look after the girl?"

"I'm going on... a very important secret mission. Also, I heard she's quite a fan of yours."

He blinked.

"I'll catch up with you later. Can you handle this alone?"

"Who? Me? Please! It'll be a cinch!"

It was not, a "cinch".

After waiting with gleeful satisfaction as Sabrina smothered Marinette in front of her house, perched nearby, he dropped with dutiful charm as he introduced himself.

And her face lit up.

"Of course I know who you are! You're the best superhero in Paris!"

Both Chat and Adrien were used to praise from various people, but from Marinette? Startled, his tail he'd been so coolly swinging clinked on the ground.

"Uh—"

"So what are you doing here?"

Small strings of disgust tugged at his features. Marinette was smiling.