Chapter 16

The nine teenagers were working on getting ready to send a podcast out to Ninjago.  Ronin gave them what they needed for it (Kai, Zane, and Nya paid of course).  They wanted to let the public know that the Truth Seekers were still looking out for them.  That they were still trying to take down the emperor and empress.  They were the beacon of hope for the citizens of Ninjago and they had to make sure that hope stays alive.  Jay, Zane, Nya, and PIXAL were the main people setting it up because they were the ones good with tech.  The others didn't really do that much to help.  It took a while for them to finish getting it ready.

"It is done," Zane said once they finished.

"Who's going to be the person talking for this podcast?" Jay asked.

"It should be someone who understands the pain of losing someone to the emperor and empress," Cole said and looked over to Jay.

"Someone who can relate to the people of Ninjago," Lloyd added and also looked at Jay.

"Someone who has a story to tell," Nya continued and put a hand on Jay's shoulder.

The rest also looked over to Jay.  They might not know him that well like Lloyd, Cole, and Nya, but they all already know that Jay has been screwed over the most by the emperor and empress.  It's not that hard to see that.

"Why me?!" Jay asked.  "The people of Ninjago City won't listen to me!"

"Yes, they will," Nya reassured him.  "They listened to me when we were on live TV because I was honest with them.  I expressed how my views changed and they changed because of you.  You were the one that told me the truth about the emperor and empress.  Even when Lloyd and Cole told you not to.  Even when you weren't sure if I was going to believe you.  Even with the possibility that I could report you.  You believed that I should know the truth.  That's how all of this started and now you have to tell everyone the truth.  If you do that, they'll listen.  A lot of people are already doubting the emperor and empress because of what we did.  Now, we need to make them really turn against the emperor and empress."

"We need someone to do it, Jay," Lloyd started.  "The emperor and empress have taken the most away from you.  You've been without a family longer than me and Cole have.  The people of Ninjago will relate more to your story, especially anyone else who lost family members because of the emperor and empress."

"If it's going to be anyone, it has got to be you, Jay," Cole said.  The others nodded in agreement.

Jay contemplated it in his head.  He already had a problem opening up to new people that he meets about what happened to him and now, they all want him to open up to everyone in Ninjago.  He looked around at everyone who were all looking at him expectantly.  "Fine," he caved.  "I'll do it."

Jay sat down where they had everything set up.  Zane turned it on and pointed to Jay to signal that he could begin.  "Hello," Jay awkwardly started.  "I know a lot of you don't really know me, but I'm Jay Walker and I'm one of the Truth Seekers.  I have suffered a lot because of the emperor and empress."  Jay took a glance at the others who were urging him to continue.  "I've been living on the streets since I was 5 years old.  I was adopted when I was a baby.  For a long time, I had no idea what happened to my birth parents.  I only learned what happened to them recently.  They were a part of the resistance to take down Lord Garmadon.  They were part of the group that stormed the palace to dethrone him.  During the battle, Lord Garmadon was going to kill the emperor.  My mom killed Lord Garmadon because she thought she was saving her friend's life.  The emperor killed her because he wanted power.  When my dad found out what happened, the empress killed him.  They took power after that by blackmailing two of their 'friends.'  They killed another woman who was apart of the rebellion years later using an experimental drug because she got too close to finding this out.  My adopted parents were killed by people who work for the emperor and empress because they adopted me.  The emperor and empress wanted to hunt me down because of who my birth parents were.  They wanted me dead just like my parents because they were worried about what I would do if I found out the truth.  Well, now I know the truth.  Now, I know how corrupt the emperor and empress are.  Now, I know the lengths that they will go to just to stay in power.  Now, I know what we need to do if we want any chance at having a good life.  We need to act.  We need to take the emperor and empress down.  That's the only way that any of us could really get a happy ending.  The other Truth Seekers and I will keep fighting for all of you.  This is not over yet and as long as there are people willing to fight, we still have a chance.  Don't lose hope.  If you lose hope, the emperor and empress win.  We all have to stand strong and stand together.  That's the way we'll win."

Zane turned it off because he saw that Jay was done.  Nya immediately went over and hugged her boyfriend who had tears streaming down his cheeks.  "It's ok," she told him.  "You did really good."

"It was a great speech, Jay," Lloyd said.  "I'm sure that will inspire people."

"Yeah," Cole agreed.  "You did a good job."

"How do we know people heard it?" Kai asked.

"I'm sure people did," Skylor said.

"This will be the start of a new rebellion," Seliel said.

"And we will be the voices of this new rebellion," Nya said.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!