Her Last Wish - Chapter Twenty Seven

Her Last Wish
Chapter Twenty Seven
Sang
(Saturday)

Luke: Can we have a sleepover?
Sang: Are we twelve?
Luke: Mentally I am.
Sang: *laughing emoji* Why do you want to have a sleepover?
Luke: Why not? They're fun. Movies. Snacks. Cupcakes. Truth or Dare.
Sang: You child. Truth or Dare, really?
Luke: What about 'never have I ever'?
Luke: Spin the bottle?
Sang: Why not a card game?
Luke: Strip poker? *smirk emoji*
Sang: You just want to see me naked again.
Luke: I do. I really fucking do. There's no point in even lying about it.
Sang: I don't think any of these games are a good idea unless you promise to keep them clean.
Luke: Clean? That's boring. *yawn emoji*
Sang: Luke!
Luke: What? I want to get you naked. Casual sex. Friends with benefits. Speaking of, are you free?
Sang: We need to talk about that.
Luke: Oh. What exactly?
Sang: The whole friends with benefits thing. I've changed my mind about it.
Luke: Oh. Why?
Sang: Come over?
Luke: To the hospital?
Sang. No. I'm at home. Sean is here sleeping and Kota will be back shortly.
Luke: I'm with Gabe. Happy to hear Doc has left the hospital. We're on our way.

I place my phone down on the kitchen counter before going to the fridge, pulling the door open as I gaze inside. My nose scrunches up when mouldy cheese and rotten milk tickles it. I'm neglecting this house, that has to change.

I get the trash can and start putting everything that's gone out of date in the trash. Things that are still good, I place on the counter. When that's done, I get a bucket, fill it with soapy water and then a cloth, before I start cleaning it.

Sean is still sleeping and Kota left a little while ago to go and get Sean some clothes and shower supplies for when he wakes up. We laid there together for about an hour before I got the urge to get up. Mentally I've been making a list of things I need to do and this is one of them. Tomorrow I'll go grocery shopping and pick up some things to get me through the week. I need to start eating properly again, finding a routine. I've already decided I can't go back to work, not yet, but I can do other things when I'm not at the hospital.

Once the fridge is clean and dried with kitchen paper, I get a sweeping brush and sweep the floors before getting on my hands and knees, scrubbing them with fresh hot water until the white tile gleams and shines. Proud of myself, I collect the trash bag and take it outside, tossing it into the trash canister just as an unfamiliar car pulls into the driveway.

Luke sits in the driver's seat, Gabriel the passenger, and they move together, getting out in sync, looking as handsome as ever. Luke has his pair pulled back into a bun, Gabriel has his tucked behind his ears. Both of them are wearing denim shorts; Luke is wearing a lilac button down shirt with his sleeves rolled up, only two buttons holding the shirt closed. Gabriel is wearing a neon blue ribbed tank/vest top, a white and blue chequered flannel shirt tied around his waist. Luke is wearing flip flops on his feet while Gabriel wears converse.

"Hey," I say with a wide smile. I haven't seen them for a few days and I have missed them. The last time I was alone with them...

My heartbeat accelerates, leaping excitedly in my chest.

I blink the images away, watching as Luke rounds the car, coming towards me while Gabriel goes to the trunk, popping it open. I'm scooped into a tight hug and I sink into Luke's embrace, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. I have to lock my knees straight so I don't wrap them around his waist. "Hey, Cupcake. Missed me?"

We both laugh and he kisses my cheek when he places me back down onto my feet. I grin as my cheeks heat, because I actually have missed him and Gabriel. "What have you guys been up to?"