22. the final stand

The earth groans and shakes beneath you as the walls crumble and break down, giving way to horrors that should never exist. The creature that quickly approaches is not a man or machine, but an unholy combination of both. Behind him towers a menacing monster of many faces. It's wires have melted, forever fusing the animatronics together. You have to assume it was against their will. Either way, it seems like it's ready to attack so there's not time for sympathy.

"William, of course it would be you," Freddy address the animatronic, there's not time to ask how he knows the man.

"What are you trying to accomplish?" You ask, putting on your toughest voice as you grab a broken pipe to defend yourself.

The old animatronic looks at you disapprovingly, like you aren't even worth his time, "you're going to die soon, why do you care?" He asks but doesn't wait for an answer, commanding the mass of animatronics to attack.

A wire flies forward like a whip knocking Freddy over and shooting for your head. You raise the pipe like a bat and swing as hard as you can, knocking it back. The wire retracts then three more take it's place. Freddy catches one and manages to cut it off with his claws while you stab the second gland third with the rusty end of the pipe. Then an animatronic head lurches forward, opening it's face as it closes in. You duck beneath it just in time. Before it can recalculate it's path, Freddy grabs it by the neck.

"We can not fight this thing forever, you have to get to William!" Freddy shouts over the sounds of the fight. He throws the head back to it's body, "I'll hold it off!"

You swing the pipe, knocking away a mass of wires that almost grabbed your neck. You've had enough nearly dying for one day, "we can barely keep up with this thing just the two of us, I can't leave you!" You shout back as Freddy is knocked over.

He gets up quickly and returns the attack as he responds, "you have to end this, no matter what!" He turns back to you with an almost melancholy look.

"I told you I wouldn't let you die!" You swing the pipe with extra power to emphasize your point. You leap in front of Freddy to bring the bat down on an animatronics face. The creature recoils for a moment giving you time to look at Freddy, "I can't do that,"

Freddy puts a hand on your shoulder and smiles, "you can do anything, I belive in you superstar. I always have and always will. I love you," then he leans down and kisses you, a real kiss, possibly the last.

The creature behind you moves and the ground shifts, there's no time to waste, "I love you too," you tell him as you step away and face the monster animatronic.

You share one more look before the creature launches a new, stronger attack. You run forward as Freddy continues the fight. The mob has come back with a vengeance and is quickly overwhelming Freddy with deadly attacks. You swing as you go, knocking wires and sparks aside. One hard blow sends a pair of electric wires at Monty's charging tube. The sparks short circuit the tube, releasing the lock. You watch as Monty stumbles out and surveys the room. From a distance it's hard to see if he's being controlled.

Monty looks up at you, making eye contact for a moment. Then he roars, "Let's rock and roll!" He launches forward and attacks the mob of animatronics with a wild laugh.

"Hell yeah! Let's go Monty!" You cheer as he rips through thick wires like butter.

Monty jumps into the air to give you a thumbs up, "Good to be back! Now go kill that mother f-"

"Monty, language!" Freddy shouts, finding time to scold even as he fights for his life.

"What? The kid isn't around, I can cuss for real!" Monty groans as he hacks through more of the monster. You laugh at their ongoing banter as you slide and duck under wires to get past the animatronics to the real monster.

the best laid plans (glamrock Freddy x gender neutral reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara