"Meeting you was just my dumb luck, but I'm glad I did."

Joy traced the rim of her glass and smiled to herself.

"Umm, not so dumb."

I had a mouth full of teriyaki taco, but the weight of what I had just heard forced me to talk with a mouth full.

"Spill."

She raised her eyebrows.

"What does that mean?"

"It means I parked where I did on purpose."

I was stunned. I continued chewing, trying to get my food down to question some more, but she elaborated.

"That stupid Audi was nowhere near there. I could have parked anywhere. It's a parking garage, for fuck sakes."

"You recognized my truck?"

"Yeah," she cocked her head in surprise.

"I told you I loved old things. I wasn't talking about you."

"Burn," I smiled.

We clinked glasses and drank to that.

I beamed. I could feel myself smiling. It was hard to stop.

"Wow, just wow. I'm just shocked and a little speechless. Why in the hell didn't you tell me that the other day?"

"I don't know; I was mad, not at you but myself."

I had to shake that off. I wasn't about to cross a minefield that large.

"What was it that made you interested?"

Joy laughed. She was so pretty when she laughed. It was a quiet, giggling laugh that she couldn't seem to do without her shoulders shaking.

"You nut! I wasn't interested. Okay, I was interested, but it was all about looks like you. I didn't know you. I knew you drove a cool truck. I knew you were trying to catch up to me to look at me."

I nodded in agreement.

"True."

"I don't know, Nick, you just looked so," she paused, searching for words.

"Interesting."

I dropped the rest of my second taco back onto the plate and finished the rest of my sangria with a long gulp.

"Interesting? That's about the nastiest thing you could have said. Who the hell wants to look interesting?"

"Well, I don't know what to tell you," she said laughingly exasperated.

"I like interesting. Liked it enough to chase that stupid Audi down to the building you worked in."

I was going to say something, but I realized what she said, so I stopped.