Chapter # 10

"Because here you can complain all you want and no one will listen." The mischievous smirk lingering on his lips gave her a bad omen, narrowing her eyes in ire, she took a step back cautiously, "I am stunned at your reasoning, Adeel." She breathed out, folding her arms to which he arched a brow.

"Just because I told the truth to everyone, it pissed you off and you took us here." She shrugged, looking around their home but it faltered his smirk, "Yeah, so. Your constant nagging was irking me." He muttered, rolling his eyes off. She glared at him from the corner of her eyes but he ignored.

"Must have made you tired to fulfill your obligations, hmm?" She mocked with a smile, looking around their home, deepening his frown, Adeel looked away, "You make me tired." He replied in the same tone. Her mouth gaped in disappointment but what emitting a long sigh, she shook her head.

"I bet you did this to stay away from me." She spoke under her breath. Adeel pretended he didn't hear her words as they didn't talk further and spent the rest of their day shifting, setting things up, knowing exchanging conversation would only ruin their mood.

After a few days, things were monotonous between them until one fine morning, Adeel held an unreadable expression on his face, the fire burning in his eyes was clear but it's reasoning was concealed in the layer of rage.

Upon seeing his intense gaze, Maisha kept her mouth sealed, unable to comprehend what happened to him and considered it better to not provoke the hibernated lion.

Maisha was standing near the closest, setting her clothes. Where the hell am I stuck? Maisha thought with a bitter face, she was still unable to understand when they were fated for years then why Adeel is doing this. What have I ever done to him that he is punishing me like this? She thought, pressing her teeth together, seethe filling the gaps of her heart.

Adeel came out after the shower and saw her . He was only in his trousers with water dripping from his skin, soaking the water, he hung the towel, not even bothering to glance at Maisha who was lost in her harsh thoughts, invoking sorrow in her heart.

"Maisha." He called her, her breath hitched, turning to him, almost forgetting that he was in the shower, her eyes collided with his ferocious ones, holding no expression other than mysteries in them. She moved back, hitting the closest, not removing her timid gaze from his but he remained unaffected, taking a step closer, growing impatient by each passing second.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked in a voice louder than a whisper, demanding answers for doing this from her. "Move." He replied coldly, not bothering to pay heed to her words.

Gritting her teeth, she broke the extensive gaze, affixing her eyes on the ground, disheartened she asked again, "Why are you doing this?" She wanted to know why this happened to her. What faults does she have?

Upholding his outrageous form high in pride, his stern orbs were chained to her face, asking faintly but firmly, "Don't you know?"

Maisha glanced at him with the same look of rage and repulsion. It's been weeks since that day yet he can't forget it. She thought, pissed at his overall behavior towards her.

She was about to speak but Adeel held her arm, earning a gasp of astonishment from her. Leaning closer to her face, he growled in a low tone, "If you think I have forgotten everything then you are wrong." He snarled, tightening his grip on her.

Maisha's body tensed up, shivering at his rash grip, his emotions were mystifying for her, she couldn't know why he did this to her. "Let me go." She said firmly, staring directly in his eyes, curling her hand, slightly frightened by his action but not showing it.

"I will never love you." He enunciated, moving her to the side, heedless about her feelings, took out his shirt and went back to the room. Maisha stood still for a second, sorrow gleamed in her eyes but soon fury overwhelmed her, rubbing her arm, she cursed under her breath, glaring at him,

"What the hell is your problem huh? Our marriage was fixed since childhood, why are you doing this to me? What wrong did I do to you? Why are you acting as if you are forced into this?" But to her enraged talks, Adeel no longer held the ability to apprehend things, being stubborn, closing the buttons, he turned to her with a hollow gaze,

"Anything else?" He blinked, leaving her stunned for a second, "What is your problem, Adeel?" She asked, coming to him but he wore his tie, ignoring her. "My problem is you. You exhaust me every time." He sighed, not caring whether his words could hurt her or not.

"What have I done to you?" She asked, voice fading into sadness. "What haven't?" He mocked, turning to her after getting ready for his work, resting his hands in his pocket he narrowed his eyes in ire at her.

"You can't do this to me." She whispered, curling her lips downward, hoping to find any positive emotion in his empty eyes but failed, "What am I even doing?" He asked, leaning closer to her face, amusement dripping in his words. "That's the problem, you are not doing anything." She argued, curling her hands in a fist, trying to stay composed.

"Exactly. When I am doing nothing, then what's the problem?" He shrugged, moving back, taking his stuff. "Adeel-" She tried to call him but he didn't listen.

"I am leaving. Allah Hafiz." He said emotionlessly and left her alone in tiresome thoughts, exhausting her emotions by each passing moment by his walls of coldness she was unable to melt.

Sighing deeply, she let her mind let loose and not turn insane by staying alone in this place with no clear idea and overthinking will lead her nowhere.

She was talking to her Mother but received a call from Adeel. "I will talk to you later, Mama. Adeel is calling." She smiled, feebly happy that at least he called.

"Hello?" She greeted, picking his call. "Assalam o Alaikum." She said again. "Walikum Assalam." He replied, she waited for him to speak. "Sameer will come over for dinner." He told her calmly. "I see... So?" She asked, uninterested. "Just telling you." He said.

"Okay." She sighed as he cut the call.

At night, Sameer came over, greeting Maisha politely, being a gallant guy, he talked sweetly unlike his best friend who held no expression on his face, forming up a stoic facade.

"How are you doing?" He asked Maisha. "Fine.." She hummed. "Do you like it here?" He asked sweetly. "Kinda lonely here. Maybe because I am not familiar with the place." She shrugged, holding her chin, musing.

"Yeah.. You can go out and explore the place. You know there's an amazing cafe in your area." He told her excitedly as they talked about it. "Adeel, you should take her there." Sameer suggested.

"I am tired."
"He is tired." They both said at the same time. Maisha smirked dryly at him, leaning back. "See." Sameer took it as some sort of joke and chuckled.

"Anyways, you must check it out." He smiled. "I will." She smiled as they talked and after a while he left.

After he left, Adeel was working on his laptop, Maisha cleaned all the dishes and as per habit, cleaned her kitchen before going to sleep and went back to her room, changing into her night wear and combing her hair, noticing Adeel's eyes fixed on the screen.

"Adeel."

"Hmm?" He hummed without looking up. "Can I go?" She asked hesitantly, turning to him. "Go where?" He asked.

"To the cafe Sameer was talking about." She asked expectantly. Adeel hummed, not even paying attention. "Hmm... Do whatever you want." He shrugged. "Thanks." She replied faintly, smile fading due to lack of attention.

Sighing, she laid on her side without talking further, closing her eyes and falling into a deep slumber to ease her mind from all the vexation striking her mind.