"Distal Phalanx, my foot. The G-man doesn't go Wilding for no reason, " Randy said, totally not believing that the footage there is Godzilla. "Which is why we'll stay on top of it. Whatever this creature is" Nick said seriously.

"Thanks for bringing us up to speed, Major. If we find any new information, we'll contact you immediately. " Nick began but was cut off by Hicks "It's a little more complicated than that Nick. The higher-ups want me to take a proactive stance. I've been ordered to reassemble the scientific team that helped us with the first Godzilla" Hicks explained.

"Don't tell me you're going too..." Cordula trailed off, but everyone got the message clearly. "Why do we need to hang with the army? We can study the big guy just fine on our own" Randy said.

"First, you were never part of that scientific team. Second, we won't be doing any study, my orders are to destroy Godzilla"

The second Hicks said those words. The entire team let out stunned noises

"Really?"

"You're kidding!?"

"You can't do that!" Cordula shouted the last before a soldier suddenly grabbed her soldier "I'm sorry young lady but I may have to escort you home" And that brought out more surprised protests from the team "I'm sorry Nick but the government found out about her and decided to remove her from this team before something...unexpected happens" Cordula wanted to protest but was silent by Hick's stern stare "It's not negotiable young lady. From the start, you weren't even supposed to be in the team" Cordula wanted to argue, but then she froze. In all the adventures she tackles with the H.E.A.T team not once did they send her off, immediately accepting her as part of the group but in government terms, she wasn't in on the team and what she had been doing could be a case of illegal trespassing on private property.

Seeing the devastated look on her face Hicks sighed "Sorry Ms. Davis but word always gets out" She nodded and moved to follow the soldier before her shoulder was grasped by Nick. She turned to stare at him and he gave her a reassuring look. Randy made a move forward. "Tell him what he can do with his orders, and the chica looks and acts old enough to make her own decisions." Randy said.

Nick thought for a moment before he asked "When do we start Major?" Randy and Cordula gaped at him in shock "Report at 22:00 hours" Was all Hicks said before the soldiers closed the doors. 

"Are you nuts, jefe?" Randy asked as soon as the soldiers were gone "How else do we prove Godzilla hasn't been going postal?" Nick replied. "Our boy might not be so innocent Nicky, he's been out all night" Elsie said as she showed them the camera of what looked to be obvious signs of a certain lizard absent from home.

***

Rambo had a feeling his cousin was hiding something from him. Not the kind wherein that cousin of his was just hiding some girly secret. It has to be big. Otherwise, those soldiers escorting her home had to be well played actors filming a military scene. 

Cordula had locked herself in her room, only letting Joe come in when she wanted too. It felt like her life had gone back before she met Godzilla. Back when she was just some ordinary girl who would one day be swallowed up and be part of the crowd. 

"Oh sweetheart don't feel so down. I'm sure your friends will do whatever they can to reinstate you back to the team. You guys are practically more than that anyways" Joe said reassuringly but Cordula's mind was elsewhere. While she had been despairing over the thought that she might not see the team again, unless its on TV or maybe Audrey would let her in on her exclusives on the team, she thought of the sudden disappearing act. 

Even if Godzilla did manage to hide himself from her sight because of the fo,  which limited her vision, she would still be able to make out his silhouette. She thought for awhile before gritting her teeth and planting her face in the pillow before letting out muffled, frustrated noises.