It was already late in the afternoon making me wonder how time flies so fast. I think about if Zayn had locked the door carefully or maybe it was just an excuse to think about Zayn.

Last night, there was something. It was like something happened but nothing happened at the same time. Unknowingly, when his arms were wrapped around mine, I could feel myself getting warm and smiling.

I didn't mind his soft snores even though I hated people who snored. I liked the way his eyes twitched sometimes while sleeping making me think of what he was dreaming about.

It was around 4 in the morning maybe when I had woken up from the slight noise and I saw him looking up at me,

"What are you doing awake so early?" I ask him sleepily.

"I got thirsty", he mumbles and I shift a bit so that he could slip out of the bed. Almost in an instant he was back scooting me closer towards him and wrapping his arms around my stomach.

"You could've woken me up instead of just standing sitting there not being able to move", I sleepily mumble and he merely says, "I like sitting", and after a beat, he adds, "and staring at you."

I don't complain from his touch instead I close my eyes and just smile to myself.

"Hey!?" Harry asks me shaking my hand making me startled. "Oh hey. I was just lost-"

"In your thoughts? I figured." He completes my sentence. Our food soon comes making us forget everything and just eat. I loved street foods but this cafe food didn't taste that horrible after all.

After a satisfactory lunch with us chatting about unimportant topics, we just sit in silent for a moment.

I stare at Harry and he seemed a bit nervous from the sudden change in his demeanour. "I know you want to say something to me." I tell him making him slightly flushed.

"It's not that important." He mumbles making me shake my head ridiculously.

"Okay, tell me why you were so agitated seeing Zayn on the bed?" I slowly ask him noticing the change in his emotions. His eyes shoot up towards mine and he lets out a low nervous chuckle.

"Uh.. just nothing." He says.

"Stop lying, Harry." I tell him making him sit up straight automatically. I could feel occasional glances of strangers towards us. Some of them could even hear our conversation quite clearly.

"Fine, you want to know what I am try to say? I will tell you that. It's something which I've been trying to tell you since so many weeks." His voice raises making me feel nervous.

People were quite literally staring at me without caring about our privacy.

"Maybe we can go somewhere more private?" I suggest making him shake his head. "I am gonna tell it right now and here."

Harry Styles

I don't know what has come over for me. This is so not how I wanted to tell her but when I saw the look she gave me while explaining it to me this morning, I knew.

I have known for a while now but I just didn't want myself to admit it. I wanted to experience my fairy tale for a little bit longer.

"I love you," I start, "I really do." "

"And I am afraid if you say anything back, it won't be 'I love you too, too.'" I couldn't recognize the emotions flashing through her face.

I sigh, "So, maybe, don't say anything. Just let me leave where I am standing before you, and let me go on with my life."

"Let me", I whisper, "Let me live a life where it's still possible that you may love me the way I love you, and you can go on, loving me back or loving another, without a worry."

She stares at me shocked, her lower lip slowly quivering.

I don't say anything instead I just stare at my food with tears daring to roll down my cheeks. I bite the inside of my cheeks to stop the feeling.

People were watching us and I knew I couldn't cry. I could walk away and not even think about it.

But I don't want to lose her. I still wanted to be her best friend. And suddenly, two strong hands are wrapped around mine. She is burying her head on top of my head and I turn my face towards her chest burying my head.

Her chest rises and falls slowly and I realise that she isn't scared of people looking at us.

I hug her back, this time allowing my tears to fall with her holding me tightly making me sob softly.

I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulder. Emma swiftly swoops down and softly kisses my forehead and smiles at me.

"I love you, Styles. Best friend always?" She asks me in a childish tone and I play along with her,

"Always."

I smile at her and she collects some napkins to wipe my face and boops my nose making me laugh out.

I don't look around the café afraid, but she tells me to look around and when I do, people are not giving me the pity-eyes of getting rejected.

They were smiling and proud of me speaking my heart.

And that was enough to make my heart warmer and fuzzier.

//
I was kinda heartbroken to create this but don't think that Harry and Emma will just be... idk