Chapter 9: Attracted

Nia POV

After the whole truth or dare prompt ended, my heart was still racing fast from what happened. I got through the whole event dazed and not really alert.

"Bye Nia! You have a lot of things to tell us next time. Who would've expected Dr. Raffaello has a thing for you?"

"It was just a game, Tiff. He just had to pick someone."

"Still, why would he pick you then? I barely see you guys ever talk or see each other in the hospital. If anything, I thought he would've picked staff from his department. Also, how did he know your name and ward allocation? Fishy to me!" she said in a teasing voice as she winked.

I sighed and forced a small smile as I waved goodbye to her and a couple of other colleagues.

It's useless to defend it anyway. No matter how much I try to think how I could deny that I know Raffaello from outside work, I just couldn't. Damn that guy!

Because of the embarrassment I'll sure get from the staff when I go to work on this hospital next time, I'm seriously considering whether I should drop my shifts and just ask for more shifts on the other places I work in...

I walked out of the building mindlessly, shifting through my phone to book an Uber ride.

Although Raffaello has been teaching me driving lessons for a while know, I still can't get a grasp of it fully. Perhaps, it is because I am also studying and working at the same time. It's just too much on my plate.

Sometimes, I wonder what's even the point of striving so hard. What's there to live for anyway?

Money? Luxurious items? Status?

I don't know. But I know there's one thing for sure why I continue to face my struggles and strive to survive: I don't want to go back to the Philippines.

If I could at least stabilise my position here and have the privilege to stay here without worrying about anything else, then maybe I can properly think what I really want in life.

Maybe, I would find something I'd want to live for.

While I was minding my own thoughts, I didn't even notice that there was someone seating next to me in the bench.

I looked up and my expression didn't even faze as I saw Raffaello.

"What are you busy thinking about, hmm?" he spoke up.

However, instead of answering him, I frowned at him and instead asked another question.

"Why did you say that back there?"

Raffaello shot his brows up at me.

"It's the truth anyway. Why else are we having sex everyday if I'm not attracted to you?"

I was scared that he was going to go off with his vulgar mouth so I covered his mouth with my palms.

Raffaello was a bit taken a back but his expression relaxed as I also felt his tongue licking the palm I had on his mouth.

With that, I quickly removed my hand.

"Ew. You are disgusting!" I blurted out as I grabbed a tissue from my bag to wipe off my hands.

Raffaello chuckled and pinched my cheeks playfully.

"Aw!"

"You act as if it's really disgusting but when you're under my bed and I lick all parts of your body, your expressions tell me otherwise."

I sighed and decided not to reply to him further. I know Raffaello now. He will only keep saying vulgar things.

"You should've picked Dr. Hamira or something. Now, everyone knows that we know each other because you said my full name and even the ward I was working in. Do you think that's normal?"