Whether it was directly or indirectly carried out by me, they're right; the blood of hundreds of Humans is on my hands. And nothing will ever change this.

Biting hard on the insides of my cheeks, I clench my hands into fists as I slowly climb up all of the rubble to the top where the castle of Liones is. Once I finally get to the top, I turn to look over all the houses that have Humans running out of them, screaming and begging for mercy.

"What is this?" I hear someone from behind me question weakly, frustration in their voice. "Our strength and powers have completely vanished, what's that blasted Demon done to us?"

Ah, I see. It seems some Holy Knights have found me but can't use their powers against me because of my other Commandment; the Commandment of Benevolence.

Sighing under my breath, I slowly turn around with my hands limp by my sides, my chest feeling so empty. With an emotionless face, I watch as all of the Holy Knights in front of me struggle to stay standing on their feet and move any part of their bodies.

"Anyone who stands before me with hatred in their heart loses the ability to cause pain in others," I explain with a quiet voice but loud enough for all of them to hear me. "And this is one of the two Commandments that I bear; the Commandment of Benevolence."

"Benevolence, huh?" an enraged voice snaps at me and I look over to see that it's the Fox Sin of Greed. "What a load of crap. You're the one who murdered the Captain! How dare you say that!"

My seven hearts clench at this statement but I stay firm on my spot, saying, "Ironic, isn't it?"

"What are we gonna do?" a pink-haired Human asks, anger written all over his face. "We can't grip our swords or clench our fists. We aren't even able to walk towards that smug bastard!"

"Smug bastard?" I repeat the two words, tilting my head to the side. "Do I really look that smug? Elizabeth may have been a good friend for you these past couple of years but she was the worst older sister to have during the Holy War 3,000 years ago. She never once thought about what her choices might do to those around her and in the end, it's because of that recklessness I lost two of my best friends. She took away everything from me, and now I'll do the same. There's nothing smug about this, Humans; I'm just getting the justice my two best friends deserve."

"(Y/n) please, don't do this!" I hear a voice that causes my seven hearts to drop to my stomach.

"Prince Zeldris of Liones," I breathe, my eyes widening slightly. "Why the hell are you here?"

"I'm helping heal everyone who's getting hurt but what the hell are you doing?" the Goddess immediately snaps, huffing as he stamps his foot in frustration.

"Stay out of this," I growl, raising my chin at him. "Like I said, I'll kill you if you get in my way."

"This isn't justice for your best friends!" he argues loudly, refusing to back down. "Do you really think that they would want you doing all of this? In the end, you're just staining your memories of them, (Y/n). Please just stop and think about what they would really want you to—"

"Enough, Princeling," the Fox Sin of Greed interrupts my best friend, his blood-red eyes blazing with hatred. "Clearly, this one ain't gonna listen to anything you have to say. You want justice, Demon? This definitely ain't the way to get it, you bastard. And if you think killing the Captain will make you feel any better of the losses you suffered from the past, you're dead wrong."

One of my eyebrows twitches as I say, "Listen here, I'm not in the mood to let you just—"

"You really are delusional if you think you can atone for killing the Captain," the immortal goes on stubbornly and I immediately let out a hoarse laugh at this statement.