||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫~||

"They are still monsters that are hideous inside and out

"They are still monsters that are hideous inside and out."

Tanjiro looks up at the dark haired man that had sent him down the path of being a demon slayer after his family was killed.

The very man that now stares down at him with his usual cold and indifferent expression as he speaks such merciless words.

Tanjiro swallows hard as he tastes the coppery tang of his own blood on his tongue "To avenge those who had died and to prevent future death I would bring my blade down upon any demon that I come across that threatens the peace"

Tanjiro rips his eyes away from Giyuu and looks over at Rui "but for those who being a demon brought them despair, those who regret the atrocities they've committed, I will never disrespect them. I will never look down on them" Tanjiro chokes as he grips onto Rui's kimono tighter as he now looks at Sakiya who lies limp in his arms, her breathing shallow

"But a wise friend has brought a new perspective to me. They taught me that all life is precious. That if we are to be better than those we call monsters we must forgive. Nothing that shows regret is beyond redemption and that you can destroy your enemies if you make them your friends. If we don't forgive, if we don't have sympathy for those who are suffering regardless of what they are, then we hold such a harsh feeling in our heart that we too can become what they are. Forgiveness does not release those who have done wrong from the gravity of their sins but they offer not only yourself peace but them a chance at redemption"

Giyuu stands there staring down at the young boy who he had come across two years prior on the cold winter's day. The very boy who protected his sister with everything he had even when he was severely outmatched and there seemed to be no hope of him winning.

He had seen something in him and the peculiar actions of his sister had bought out curiosity within the dark haired demon slayer. He had never come across a demon that protected a human. One who was clearly starving but refused to hurt the ones it loved.

His eyes shift to the two Kizuki taking the opportunity to study the two as this is the first and likely only time that he can get this close to a member of the twelve without them immediately attacking.