Wen Chao end up taken Wei Ying to a place where no one will ever go. They fly above the sky, Wen Chao take Wei Ying to a place call "burial mound" this place is full of resentment energy.

Wei Ying feel the coldness of this place, he look down at how dark it is there is no sun light and no blue sky peeking through all of this black energy from below.

Wen Chao said one last thing to Wei Ying, "Wei Ying, I want to see how you will escape from this hell hole."

After he said that, he push Wei Ying off from the two Wen that was holding on to him.

Wei Ying fall and fall and fall until he hit the ground very hard. He start to hear voice all around him, from screaming to calling out to help to voice he recognize. Wei Ying try to crawl away from there, he see a light up ahead he try his best but the resentful energy got to him first.

It show him of his family and friends, the death of Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu and the death of those who know him when they were young. Wei Ying decide to let the resentful energy take over him because he want revenge on the Wen for massacring his whole family.

After been take down into the blood pool, Wei Ying climb out from it. When Wei Ying climb out from the blood pool, he glance down at his hand, 'All of the petal is gone, the only thing left is the Cloud Recesse clan symbol left.' He has completely change from who he is, this is a new Wei Wuxian, a person who is about to get revenge on the Wen clan. He walk toward a bamboo tree, he break it off and craft it into a flute not just any flute but a demonic flute that control the dead and resentful energy.

When Jiang Cheng went down the mountain, he didn't see Wei Wuxian anywhere. He even went into town to look for him and he know that he have to be careful of the Wen he doesn't want to get capture again by them.

Jiang Cheng look all over town for Wei Ying, he couldn't find him anywhere. The first thing come into his mind is Wei Ying probably went to Cloud Recesse to look for help so that is where he will go.

On his way to cloud Recesse, he see Lan Zhan and his disciple walking around as if they are looking for someone. He walk toward the group, "Lan er gongzi," Lan Zhan can tell who this person is, "Jiang gongzi," Jiang Cheng nodded his head.

The two of them went into one of the tea house to talk, while inside the tea house the whole place went black just like before. Lan Zhan look up ahead, this time Wei Ying turn to face him with an empty, and dull expression in his eye. He also see Wei Ying holding a sword in his hand, he watch as Wei Ying walk into the middle of the room.

Wei Ying rise the sword above his head, and then he bring it down to cut the red string that bind the two of them. When the string has been cut, Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan and said, "Now Lan er gongzi, we truly aren't friend or soulmate anymore," after saying that Wei Ying turn his back on Lan Zhan and walk away from there.

The darkness disappear as it went back to the way it is. He glance down at his hand, 'only the Jiang clan symbol left.'

"Lan er gongzi, did Wei Wuxian come to see you about helping us?" Lan Zhan look up at Jiang Cheng, "No, he didn't. When was the last time you saw him?" Lan Zhan asked.

"Seven days ago, something happen, he help me with it. He said that he will wait for me at the bottom of the mountain but when I come down he wasn't there. I thought that he went to Cloud Recesse to ask for help, I guess I was wrong."