Chapter 1

"Wei Ying, please come back!" Lan Zhan reach out his hand for Wei Ying to take, he shook his head no.

"Why should I come back? There is nothing left here for me to linger on anymore. My adopted family is gone, Jiang Wanyin defected me from the Jiang clan, my Shijie is gone. And you.....you....what are you to me? You don't even want me....hahah...*crying* hahah.....my own soulmate doesn't even want me because I am a bother to him. Get lost Lan Wangji," with that last word, Wei Ying let go of himself as he fall backward toward the abyss below him.
*********************************************************************************
Let's go back to 16 years ago

Wei Ying went with his Shidi and Shijie to cloud Recesse for their guest lecture. On their way there they lost their guest invitation. Wei Ying try to get them into Cloud Recesse by talking to one of the Lan disciple who is guarding the gate.

"Can't you see that we are not fake? If you call your sect leader out here, he can talk to our Shijie."

He tell them to wait here for another Lan disciple to take his place at 5 to 6, " what that long? That mean the sun will go down soon."

"A-Xian," Wei Ying turn back to look at Jiang Yanli, "Behave yourself."

Wei ying walk back to Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli, "But Shijie....."

"Father said that no matter where we are, we should have a proper manner," hearing this from Jiang Yanli, Wei Wuxian and the other become sad, silent and doesn't know what to do to get into Cloud Recesse.

"Let's leave the gate for now, we can come up with the next step to enter into Cloud Recesse," Jiang Cheng nodded his head as for Wei Wuxian, he stood there with a scold on his face.

From behind the group, they felt someone is coming, so they turn around to look at that person. He pass them with a grace like an immortal. Wei Wuxian couldn't help but looked at that person.

The gate person greeted him, "Lan er gongzi, welcome back," he gave him a bow.

"What is going on here?" The gate keeper tell his young master what has happened.

Jiang Cheng whispered to Wei Wuxian as he lead closer to him, "this is Lan er gongzi, he is Lan Wangji, one of the twin Jade of Gusu. And he is the younger brother of Sect leader Lan Xichen."

"Oooh then we can ask him if he can let us in," Wei Wuxian whispered back to Jiang Cheng.

Then a couple of Lan disciple came from behind them, they turn around once more. They see them carrying another Lan on a stretcher, when they pass Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian, he exam the body and the crack on the face.

"This is...." That gate keeper is speechless to see what is happening to their Lan disciple.

"Let's take him inside first," the gate keeper step aside to let his comrade to carry the person on the stretcher in.

"Is he dead or something?" Jiang Cheng asked as he pull Wei Wuxian back to stand next to him.

"Dead? I don't think he dead at all. It is more like he has been cursed by some wicked sorcery."

"Wicked sorcery?"

Lan Wangji heard what Wei Wuxian just said, he turn around to looked at him which made Wei Wuxian taken aback. That is when Wei Wuxian felt something appear on his hand, he bring up his hand to look at it, the symbol has a cloud in the middle and lotus petal surrounding it.

'Cloud- Lan clan.....Lotus petal- Jiang clan,' Wei Wuxian look up, he see Lan Wangji did the same. The two looked at each other without breaking contract until, "Ah Lan er gongzi," Jiang Cheng step out from beside Wei Wuxian.