[ 1 ]

_______________
__________
_____

U L T R O N

1

"Sometimes music is the only medicine the heart and soul needs

"Sometimes music is the only medicine the heart and soul needs."

Missouri, America
May, 2015

LUCY'S HEAD TILTED TO THE side as Pierce's fingers dug into her chin. She stared at the gray wall boredly, eyes remaining focused on a single spot. She didn't move, though her body swayed at the mere touch of her face. She struggled to keep her feet in contact with the ground, hung by her wrists at a height that made it nearly impossible for her to brush the ground with the tips of her toes.

Unfortunately, it was a familiar feeling and Lucy wondered how many times she would have to experience this.

Pierce's grip around her chin tightened painfully and she tried to jerk her face out of his grip. He tutted at her, and Lucy clenched her jaw as she tried to pull his head back again. His hand moved to her neck and she stilled, resisting the urge to roll her eyes as she moved her head to look at him.

He tilted his head, examining her expression before letting his hand fall away from her. He started to remove the belt around his hip and she cocked her head to the side as he folded it, both ends sitting between his hands.

She smirked.

"You sure you can hit hard enough, old man?" She snickered, ignoring the way her shoulders threatened to dislocate with how tightly her arms were bound.

Pierce stared at her for a moment, seemingly surprised. He watched her for a long time, and Lucy heard her heart thump painfully within her chest. She was bluffing, and Pierce knew she was completely and utterly terrified.

It didn't matter though, how she truly felt at the moment.

He padded forwards, stepping around her and out of sight. Lucy felt her panic travel up her throat and the confident tilt of her lips faded as terror replaced her sass. She let out breathy chuckles, her voice wavering as she heard Pierce's footsteps come to a pause.

"Wait, wait, wait–" Lucy frantically kicked her legs, chains clinking together, "–I'm sorry, sorry, please, sorry–"

She clamped her mouth shut as a searing pain exploded across her back. She released a sharp breath, eyes wide with agony as Pierce drew back and hit her again. She felt her vision blur as the walls of her cell started shifting and blending into a brightly lit room.

The cuffs around her hands dropped and she hit the ground with a thud. She released a groan, relieved that her arms were no longer placed in excruciating strain. She felt Pierce's hand wrap around her hair and she cringed as he pulled as hard as his frail body would allow.