9 . His responsibility

Start from the beginning

Oh shit the keys ! Are with Andria , did she took the car and went for a break ?

I stopped walking , his sleeve tugged and he noticed lack of movements from me .

I felt him face me as I stared into pitch darkness .

" I ...I " I stuttered .

" Is everything okay ? " He asked

" Andria had my keys and I think she took my car " I said .

" Follow me to my office " he instructed walking opposite as I stumbled but he held my hand as I regained my balance .

" No sir it's fine .... I'll walk , it's not far..." He cut me off and dragged me with him .

I walked behind him .

" Sir really , it's fine , I can manage " I tried excusing myself and resisted walking with him .

" Your safety is my responsibility too Iris " he said a bit coldly and resumed walking .

I shut my mouth as I remembered the contract , it did mention that my safety is monitored by him to which I didn't pay much attention .

I don't know .... Is he always this gentleman ? To everyone ?

I held my other hand on his elbow following him .

He stopped at his table and I left his hand soo he could grab his keys .

My hand was grabbed again , now it was intertwined between his fingers .... The sudden contact made me feel a bit weird and safe ...

I rested my hand on his arm and we walked back to parking lot .

The only sound that could be heard was our breaths and tapping of my heels and his shoes .

We reached the parking lot and walked up to his car as I let go of him .

He opened the door and his hand guided me to get inside , I sat on passenger seat , he got in too .

I kept sparing glances at him when I realised my hands were empty and I have forgotten something , my mind blasted .

I left my bag back there , my eyes widened , he observed me and turned to me .

" Here's your bag " he handed me and stared at the road while driving again .

" Oh " I gulped and took it .

Sighing in relief .

I never expected my heavenly handsome boss would be my savior today , he really did deal with alot of my shit till now . I should be immensely thankful towards him . He has been anything but kind to me .

" Thank you soo much Mr. Lockwood " I said sincerely looking into his eyes .

He smiled and nodded .

Wow such a gentleman , I can't help but simp on this guy more from now on  , the extent he went in helping me today was unbelievable .

I dealt with many problems previously working in offices but never once did anyone extended support or helped me going this far .

I am grateful to him , not only he sounds like a genuine CEO , but also a good man .

I would have hugged the hell out of this guy if he wasn't CEO .

My worst luck , he is my boss which involved refraining such affection or feelings .

The car stopped , I opened the door and got out .

" You need any help there ? " He asked

" Thank you sir but I can manage " I said

The apartment area was dark but enough to find a way but his car's head lights were on which helped me see much clearer .

I reached inside the building and noticed the head lights were still on , I went inside and quickly took the stairs .

Opened the door to find it unlocked , I got inside and the lights were turned on .

Andria has recently shifted in my apartment as a roommate .

" Andy ? I am home ! " I called out .

She came into view with surprised expressions .

" That's Mr. Lockwood's car " she pointed her thumb towards the window .

I nodded .

" The power went off and he helped me get here , gosh he was soo helpful Andy ! " I gushed to her .

" I am sorry Iry , I tried calling you but to no avail , soo I decided to check on you at 9 because Mr. Lockwood will be staying till there and he might have had needed you upto that time " she explained .

" My battery was dead " I shrugged .

" Oh I see , well I Made us dinner now clean up " she smiled .

I went inside my room to get fresh .

Getting out of my clothes , I got in the shower and scrubbed my body .

Still thinking about what all happened today in office till here .

.
.
.

" Damn he is really a good person , I didn't hear much from his previous assistants " she said smiling at me .

I bite on my food and nodded .

" I wonder how happy his wife is you know " I remarked suddenly .

She licked her spoon and shook her head .

" Nah , he isn't married , the guy is single as hell at 29 "

Damn

" Ohh " was all I said

Soo I am 24 , I usually consider myself 25 but I am not yet 25 . then he is .... Just 5 years older , that's alright I am into older men .... Shit what am I thinking . Gosh Iris .