Dancing in the rain

Levi x energetic reader | fluff

So far it had been a cold rainy day inside the walls however that didn't mean that training would be canceled. Every cadet and corporal made sure to get a full day of training despite the rain and mud. This made the cadets dread the entire day but that mean that dinner would be much more enjoyable tonight. They served the warm fresh stew every time it would rain it was like a once-in-a-time reward.

Y/n and Levi sat side by side enjoying their food as the rain continues to hit the roof of the mess hall creating a comforting sound along with the many conversations happening that evening, including some bickering coming from Jean and Eren which Levi had to cut off. By the time it was back to head to their rooms the rain hadn't stopped which made you want to go out and enjoy it. You kissed Levi's cheek and began to clean your table. "Where are you going?" He asked finding it odd that you weren't waiting for him to finish eating like you usually did. "I'm going on a walk! I'll meet you in our room later," you responded. "A walk in this weather? You'll get sick" he said in his usual monotone but you could hear a hint of concern in his tone. "Duh, this is the best weather to go on a walk! Feeling the rain hit my body makes me feel free and full of life" You exclaimed finally running off to the outside. Levi sat dumbfounded by your sudden burst of excitement. He quickly shook his head and began to clean his side of the table rushing to catch up to you.

Levi groaned as he stepped out into the cold rainy night. Ironically the cold-hearted man hated the cold weather. He shivered as he walked around the now muddy trails, trying to find you, and eventually he did. You were dancing around carelessly splashing around in puddles. Your once white pants were now covered in mud along with your boots. Usually, he would've found this disgusting considering how much of a clean freak he was but you seemed so unbothered by it that it didn't even bother him either. Levi's annoyance by the weather seemed to fade as he saw how cheerful you were and that annoyance was soon replaced by love and admiration for your beauty. The man felt his cheeks burn up and his lips tugging as he tried to hide his smile, his heart filled with unusual warmth. Oh, the things you did to him.

His thoughts were interrupted by a sudden tug on his arm, his eye meet yours in surprise. You dragged him to where you once pranced around and continued splashing around in the mud as the cold drops fell on your face. "What the hell do you think you're doing," Levi asked trying his very best to sound dissatisfied by your actions but it didn't work as your laugh filled his ears. "Oh stop being such a whiney old man and enjoy yourself for once," you said. Levi rolled his eyes and gave in placing his hands on the curves of your waist bringing you closer to him. You followed his lead and wrapped your arms around his neck as his eyes meet yours lovingly. Now the two found yourselves slow dancing in the rain without a care in the world. All of a sudden the walls weren't a thing, titans didn't exist, the survey corps was long gone, and everything seemed perfect it was just the two of you dancing in the cold rainy night.

After a few more minutes of paradise, Levi broke the silence, "We should probably head back inside" he insisted. You groaned, "but I don't want to," you said adding an extra dread in your tone to guilt-trip the man. Unfortunately, it didn't work Levi was well determined to get you inside and prevent any possibility of you getting sick. "Fine I will come back inside with you under one condition," you said with the biggest smirk plastered on your face. "Tch and what would that be?" Asked Levi knowing all too well that by your look it was something that he wasn't going to be too fond of. "I'll come back inside with you only if you promise that you'll set all paperwork aside for the night and spend quality bonding time with your girlfriend." You said confidently. Levi remained silent for a bit as he thought about it. "Hm no not worth risking my job," he said sarcastically you played along as you let out a gasp. "You know what short stack I'm off to the next! see ya!" You said walking away from him. "Oi, the fuck do you mean on to the next?!?!" "Next guy obviously! now move you're holding up the line." Levi's mouth dropped hearing those words come out of your mouth he sighs and picks you resting you on his shoulder. "Hey, dickhead put me down!!" you yell playfully hitting his back. Levi ignored you and continued his way back inside and into your shared room.

Now back inside Levi opened the door still holding on to you for dear life. By then you had given up and were just along for the ride, that was until he finally put you down but in the bathroom. You looked at him confused, "take off those clothes I don't want you getting mud on the carpet." he said closing the bathroom door behind him. You sighed and began to remove your clothes figuring you'd take a shower now since you were already in there. Meanwhile, when Levi heard the shower running he decided to find some comfy clothes that he could bring to you instead he picked out a pair of underwear and one of his own shirts. He opened the bathroom door which was luckily unlocked and placed the clothes along with a freshly washed towel somewhere near so that you'd reach it. "Thanks, love," you said acknowledging his presence the man didn't say anything instead he smiled feeling satisfied with himself.

You got out of the shower got all dried up and dressed and headed out of the bathroom to see Levi reading as he drank out of his infamous teacup. You smiled and joined him cuddling up next to him. No words were exchanged and instead, there was a comforting silence that fell between the two allowing the sound of the rain hitting your window to create a cozy scenery. Levi put his teacup and his book down so that he could wrap his arms around you. He gave you a kiss on the forehead as he began to run his hands through your hair making you doze off into a comforting slumber. He looked down at your sleeping figure taking in every inch of your face wondering how he got so lucky.