"Hey, Liyah!" Sha said, putting the groceries on the island. Liyah smiled and went to her with her arms out for her to pick her up.

"Liyah, yo'un even give me the same energy and I knew you longer" Cal mugged her as he, Elijah, and Kobe walked into the kitchen with the rest of the groceries.

"No like you" She scrunched her face up, his jaw dropped "We just said you liked me the other day. So you lied?" He put his hand on his chest.

"Me no lie, me no like you," She said. Everyone laughed at Cal's face. Before they all walked out the kitchen so Lai could start cooking.

"Lai?" Elijah said, watching her put the groceries up and leaving out the ingredients she needed.

She quickly rolled her eyes "Yes Eli?" She sighed. She wasn't a big fan of him at the moment.

She was still upset and felt like he tried to throw her having nightmares and breakdowns in her face. She thought he could have worded it differently on a reason why she wasn't ready to date, not just throw her having breakdowns in her face like she just tries to do that.

She has been keeping her distance from him ever since now.

"Eli? What happened to Elijah?" He frowned. She has never called him by his nickname so he was confused.

"Lai I'm sorry about what I said, I didn't mean for it to come out like that" He sighed.

She nodded, washing her hands. "Loralai," He said at her acting so nonchalant about what he was saying.

"What?" She groaned, turning to face him. "You're right. I'm too broken and damaged to be dating," She shrugged.

"That's not what I said" He frowned.

"Well, that's how it felt like," She said, raising her voice a little. She huffed, she didn't like raising her voice.

He stared at her, he could tell his words hurt her feelings. That was the last thing he ever wanted to do was hurt her feelings. He let his jealousy get in the way before thinking of how he said things.

Throwing her pain in her face wasn't something he was trying to do. "Lai, you're not broken or damaged. You're a really strong person. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I wasn't trying to. I just don't want you to get hurt again." He said sincerely.

"Okay," She mumbled, putting her attention back on cooking.

"So are we good?" He asked with hope in his voice. He missed her badly since she hasn't been talking to him for a week.

She thought about it before nodding "Yeah, I guess" She shrugged.

He hugged her, catching her off guard at first but she hugged him back. "You smell good" He mumbled with his face in the crook of her name.

"Thanks," She said simply.

He was going to get her to the place where she could take compliments regularly and comfortably again. Those half thank you weren't the move anymore.

"You wanna help me cook?" She asked, pushing him off her now.

He chuckled, "Yeah love, what you want me to do?" He asked, looking around.