Verse of The Day

"Now every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things. They do it to win a wreath that will soon wither, but we [do it to receive a crown of eternal blessedness] that cannot wither."
1 Corinthians‬ ‭9:25‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

If you're an athlete then you know. I just recently have been giving the gym a try. I was always active as a kid and as I grew I became more and more a homebody. I still remain active, but not as consistent as before.
An athlete needs to maintain their discipline, consistency, self-control, and diet. Just as an athlete, as Christians we need to enact these traits in our lives.

We need to maintain our discipline, so that we aren't giving way to the flesh.
-Maintaining our discipline, will allow us to continue to be humble and obedient unto the Lord.
-Maintaining our consistency in God's word in our daily lives, not just in church, will assist us in our self-control, resisting temptation, wearing our spiritual armor, and feeding our spirit and starving our flesh.
- Maintaining our diet is feeding the spirit and starving the flesh. How do we feed our spirit? Reading the word of God, studying the word of God, praise and worship, surrounding yourself with godly people, going to church, prayer life on fleek, and think WWJD (what would Jesus do?)

I need to do all these things, not only in the gym, but in my spiritual life. It's not easy, I struggle, but remember you don't need to be perfect. Don't worry about what others are going to think or say, the Lord loves you and that's all that matters.
Your relationship with the Lord is personal to you. You don't need to be like every other Christian.
It's hard to explain, but just know that there are certain moments and experiences that are between you and God and no one else.

God bless y'all!