♥Chapter 6♥

"Impulsive thoughts lead to horrible decision"

Y/N P.O.V

After all the sweet hugging, Dad took a
360° turn and started reprimanding us and telling us not to come out of our tent for 2 days except for the bathroom and eating.

Selene was alraeady deep asleep, but I can't seem to forget about the snake that I kept seeing"Come on Mike, lets go back I'm getting goosebumps"

Hearing the voice made me listen more attentively at what they were talking about"It'll be fine Sheilla it will be our little secret, we will explore a bit then go back, it will be quick."

After that I heard their footsteps start fading into the distance and my eyes slowly start to close, until I just start fading into nothingness and forgetting about their conversation.

I woke up when the harsh rays of the sunlight coming from the entrance of the temple started hitting my face, giving me an unsatisfied sleep.

I went outside our tent to see everyone talking grimly and looking at me when they noticed my presence "What's Happening?" I asked rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"We are planning on going back to the village to report the missing students, but I need to stay here since my research is still not done yet"My Dad said making me nod my head at him.

"All students come with me, The professor will stay here with Kaan" The female villager said, so his name was Kaan, now I know.

We all started packing up "Your Dad really love his job , huh" Selene said making me nod at her"That's the reason why my parents divorced, I mean I understamd why he need to do it, but he kept accepting jobs one after another not giving us time to bond again." I said making Selene give me a hug and pat me on the back.

"I'm fine, I really am, you know that Selene but I still can't forget how other kids have their dad with them while I'm always alone, no one really bullied me but I myself knew that it isn't right for one's dad to be away 11 months of the year, It's as if he doesn't have a family of his own"

"Of course I know Y/N, I have been your friend since we were on our cribs, and I also know how much you yearn for your fathers presence, that's why my dad is always there for you, I swear he loves you more than he loves me"

We both laughed at what she said because her dad really does treat me like his own daughter"You know that's not true, and I am very thankful to Aunt Sasha and Uncle Felix, for giving me another family and especially you"I kissed her cheek and started to tickle her.

After calming down we continued packing and taking down the tent then we went outside and waited at the fountain that is now covered in vines and moss.

We wiped down the moss sorrounding the spot we were gonna sit in and then looked around the temple."Isn't it beautiful?"

I nodded my head without looking at her"I think its amazing how the snakes where to go and to stay away from, making me really believe that there are naga's protecting this village"

I focused on the side of the temple where large grass were towering over."Snakes have always been very smart creatures, but even I don't know how they know where to go.

And even more so how docile they are even though we are practically invading their teritory, and how little snake we came across this past few days here in the Ilha da queimada grande"

We started going back to the temple when the female villager shouted that we are to start the head count. Everyone counted but we are only 8.

"Who's missing?"Everyone looked around trying to remember who isn't here making me remember the conversation last night.

"It's Mike and Sheila, I heard them talking last night wanting to go explore the temple"I said making the female villager glare at me."If you knew that then why didn't you say anything earlier!?" She started stomping back inside the temple making me frown.

"I forgot it was very late last nught, and I was too tired to compregend anything" I mumbled"Its fine Y/N, they probably went back there to have a midnight rendevouz, don't mind it"Shein said making me nod a bit calmer now.

The female villager went back to us then we started walking back to the village, after 2 days we finally got out of the forest and went inside the village.

Looking around I saw lots of decorations such as flowers and there were this symbols outside each door painted using a red substance that dont look like paint or anything I know of.

"What are the symbols for?" I asked very curious"They are from the ancient language of our village each symbol have meanings, such as safety, comfort, bounty and more, we paint that in our doors hoping that the naga's will grant our wishes."

"What do you use to have that vibrant color? It doesnt look like paint but it is very vibrant to not be one as well" I asked as we continued walking through the houses walking towards the middle of town.

"We use a special plant to make that it last for about 2 weeks on woods, and we also use them for our signs" She told us gesturing to her tattoos that was covering her body as well as the other villagers.

Once we arrived at the middle of town we saw a huge cross, where at the foot of it is covered by flowers, fruits, vegetables and little trinkets, even some jewelry.

Everyone seems so busy they kept going in and out the forest to hunt for food."What are you guys doing here so early?" A voice said at my back making me recognize that familiar voice.

Its Szukxsa.
                                                                  ~♥~