Chapter 17 Homeless

Start from the beginning

 He passed the spears to someone else before folding his arms and sighing.

"And then there is the bad one...I asked Lizardmen Chief to give us shelter. I told him that we can work and fight, we ogres were known for our strength."

 Some ogres nod while other cringe slightly as they hear that they would have to work together with lizardmen. 

"But their chief denied. Saying that the past wounds didn't healed yet, and that we have to worry about ourselves. We have time to tomorrow morning to leave this place or Lizardmen will force us out."

 Sudden roar of anger and protest boomed from the crowd behind them. Some random ogres walked out from the crowd.

"What?! Are they mad!? Let them come! We have defeated them before and so we can do it again!"

"Yeah!"

 Shiva frowned hearing what other ogres are saying. But it seems that Young Master doesn't likes it either. He takes in a big huff of air before roaring out.

"SILENCE!"

  As he roared, everyone went quiet fearing their future chief. Young Master huffed and cracked his neck.

"We are not going to fight them! There was only one war between our tribes and that is enough! Now, in 5 minutes I want few of you to join me into a meeting where we will decide where to go. Guard Captain's son will fetch you for me. Rest of you? Sleep, we are going tomorrow morning."

 And with this, Young Master went to his tent. He walked though the crowd, making sure to nod towards Shiva. Slowly everyone went back to their tents and makeshift beds. Shiva and Ogre Girl also wanted to go sleep but something picked up Shiva's interest in this talk. 

"Is something wrong, young one?"

 Shiva turned his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. There was Ryujin's brother slowly walking towards him.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You always ask many questions during our training. By now I can recognize your expression when you want to ask about something. I am here, so ask..."

 Shiva smiled slightly.

"It seems that Ogres and Lizardmen aren't on best of terms."

"No we are not. But while we contact each other only in real times of need, this hate is caused by our history, not by recent events."

"I heard Young Master saying something about....a war?"

"Yes."

 Old Ogre nodded while Shiva and Ogre Girl listened.

"Long long ago. Before the times when Lord Veldora was sealed. Ogres, Lizardmen and Goblins fought over control of the Jura Forest. We were much more primal at those times, humans weren't as numerous and so we weren't worried for any outside forces. This war went on for years, many creatures dying during it. Then, Veldora awakened in his prison. His magicules flooded the forest, making us kneel to him. His servants, dryads that came under his wings after being left behind by Fairy Queen, helped in achieving peace in the forest. Ogres were given north side of the forest, goblins southern and lizardmen were given the Lake Siss with surrounding marshlands. Age of peace came to the forest and we became much more...civilized."

 Old Ogre ended his history lesson and left Shiva to ponder.

"Hmmm. I see, that is why you aren't on the best of terms."

 Before they could continue the conversation, Guard Captain's Son walked up to them and bowed slightly.

"Young Master awaits you."