12

Katsuki went upon Deku's apartment and hesitate to even knock on the wood. He was a couple of hours late to work, he had not answered any phone calls from Katsuki, so he had no idea if something had happened or not.

He was worried shitless, that was for sure. "Hey, Deku!" He exclaimed, "Wake the hell up and come outside!"

No response. Now he was beginning to grow distressed. He knocked once more, "Deku if you don't open this goddamn door I will..!"

He waited a moment before reaching for the flower pot and digging into it, dirt now beneath his fingernails.

Once he found the key, he wiped his hands off onto his jeans and put it into the door, unlocking it then opening it before pulling the key back out.
He then shut the door again.

The apartment was how it was when he dropped the male off last night. He made his way through the place and towards his bedroom, which wasn't far due to it being a one-bedroom apartment.

He opened the door slowly, and the sight he saw made him feel awful. The male was on the bed, on top of the covers and his eyes were puffed, yet he was still out cold.

He walked closer and closer, just till he reached the bedframe. He looked down at him before shaking the greenette gently.

"...Hey, Deku?"

Izuku's eyes slowly opened. "It's time to get up, you're late to work," Bakugo said with his voice low, thorough to not intimidate him.

Deku turned over, pulling the covers over his shoulder and closing his sights again. "Tell me, Deku. Is something happening that I should know about?"

Deku didn't dare say a word.

The truth is, he was upset. He was ashamed of it, his feelings towards anything else that wasn't himself.

It ached, so painfully. It was so harsh but so irresistible.

"I'm serious. You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Izuku sighed. "I don't think I'm going today," He said.

After last night, he wasn't ready to go back. And the terrible thing was; he couldn't warn Katsuki or Todoroki. "Alright, fine. However, I'm staying here with you whether you like it or not."

Deku nodded and waited for Katsuki to leave the room. Nonetheless, it never arose.

Instead, he sat on the bed and took off his shoes before getting under a fuzzy blanket that was at the edge of the bed. He yanked it over Deku and sighed in comfort.

He was glad Izuku wasn't hurt.

Well, physically at least.

He still had yet to find out what had happened. Was this about the friend he spoke about? Did something happen last night?

Did he die?

No, he didn't. He wouldn't have told him about it if he didn't pass away suddenly. Plus, he had no clue what went on and why he was on bed rest.

Izuku rolls over mindlessly and gazed at Katsuki with a neutral expression. He felt almost nothing after sobbing after so, so, long.

He had not remembered when the last time he had cried was. All that he knew was that it felt soothing to finally fulfill it again.

Katsuki brought his hand up to Deku's hair and pushed the green locks in which blocked most of his vision. He stared at his emerald eyes yawning at him, "I'm sorry if what happened wasn't something you were expecting."

How was he so right without knowing anything? He wasn't expecting a guy to even be waiting for him that evening, let alone to have a pistol on hand.

"Just know that I'm sorry," Katsuki mumbled before closing his eyes slowly.