8

A few days later, Izuku hadn't provided one word to the corporation he was a part of, besides he was brutally sick and not being able to keep anything down. That was a complete lie, but no one had to notice that. 

He sauntered down the road, clueless about where he was going. This street was oddly knowledgeable. Still, It had a weird sense to it. Like if someone were to pop out that alleyway, they'd be after him.

It was extraordinary how attached he was to Katsuki. Even though he wasn't supposed to be doing this, it felt wonderful walking outside independently, clearing his emotions, getting fresh air.

When was the previous time he had done this? He couldn't recall anything before getting his job. 

He was vacant, that's all he felt. A loner, good for nothing man who hadn't considered things before getting into them. Hell, he hadn't even dated anyone yet and he was in his prime. 

Suddenly, he got heaved down. 

His heart began to race and his head got shoved against the rigid concrete beneath him. He felt something being thrusted against his skull. Terror ran through his mind. 

He jabbed it rougher, snarling, "Money or your life?" 

Deku didn't dare move. He didn't have cash on him, let alone his bodyguard. He shivered, his eyes stinging with thick tears. He didn't want or need to weep, it was just an instinct out of pure hatred. "Bold of you to assume I would want to live. Or have cash."

He kept telling himself to sound tougher than what he appeared to be. He looked so damn vulnerable, someone could stab him right now, put a bullet through that thick skull of his. He wanted to live his life to the fullest, but that didn't sound like a reality now that he was being held down by someone unknown. 

He hadn't even gotten a look at his face quite yet, all he knew was his voice and it didn't ring a bell.

"Answer the fucking question, Izuku."

His heart skipped a beat at his very own name being said. This definitely wasn't something that would occur only once due to him knowing exactly who he was. "Please, just--"

"Are you asking me to put this goddamn bullet through your head?!"

He dug the gun into Deku's head, making him grind his teeth uncomfortably. "M...Money..! Just please let me go."

"Give. me. it."

Deku cringed at the small pebbles beneath his cheek. He should've known better than to call in, let alone walk the street by himself on such short notice. "I'll get you it, I'll get you the fucking money when I can!" He began, "I get paid soon, okay?!"

The man stood up, Izuku didn't move. "If you dare to fuck me over, I will kill you."

Footsteps were heard, slowly disappearing the farther he got away from MIdoriya. After a few seconds, he sat up and looked around before bringing a hand up to his face. There were scrapes left and right along his cheek from the cement that was old and cracked.

Now he just had to bargain with not getting killed. 

Uraraka was scarily true about this. Besides her being a bitch, she had a good point.