5

It wasn't natural to not wanna put up with a trip downtown with the one and only Bakugo.

He was already remarkable and Deku had only known him for less than twenty-four hours. Last night at his house, they seemed to bond even more over a game of Mario Cart, along with a quick night of Five Nights At Freddy.

Bakugo couldn't believe Izuku was into that type of game, a contest with all sorts of various types of jump scares and loud noises. He seemed too eager to be like that.

He guessed that maybe he didn't know everything about him as he thought he did.

Well, of course, he didn't. He hadn't known him for a full day quite yet. However, his main job was to protect the vulnerable guy.

He swore that if someone were to place a pistol to the rear of his skull and doubt if they could pull the trigger, he'd stumble and agree to it either way and end up in the ground.

He leaned forward into the steering wheel while pulling out the key. "Come on, I need something to wake me up."

Katsuki got out after watching Deku step out of the car. They were strolling into the gas station Izuku had been at days before.

The bell above the door alerted the cashier someone had entered the store. "Welcome," They tell.

Bakugo nodded as a greeting and makes his way over to the coffee in the fridge, "Get whatever you'd like, it's on me."

Deku wandered off and got a Red Bull as per usual. They both brought about their way over to the counter and set their beverages down.

As the lady scanned them, she eyed Deku with a minor smile. She had caught a glimpse of him a couple of days ago. It made her glad to see that he was doing better than when she had last seen him.

Yet, she had no idea who the blonde guy beside him was. He was rather taller than both of them and he had quite the form, he obviously took care of himself. You could tell just by peeking at him.

Izuku smiled back at her while watching Katsuki pull out his credit card and put it into the reader.

Izuku said goodbye to the women and left the stare with Katsuki by his side, close. "You know her?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow with interest.

Izuku stared at him from the corner of his perception. "Barley, I saw her a few days ago, she happened to catch me on a bad day."

Bakugo unlocked his side of the car while Deku made his way to his and got in. Bakugo did the same thing but kept an eye on him.

He was already worried. "Bad day, huh?"

"Yeah, the laptop wouldn't post anything."

Bakugo shut his door and opened his coffee, Deku was already downing out of his can.

"Sorry."

"No, it's not your fault!"

Bakugo staggered back into the leather and sighed, "I know, but still. That sounds irritating..."

Deku snickered, "It was."

Bakugo turned on the car before withdrawing from the parking lot and heading for the highway.

"Yet, hey... At least you're good at driving," Deku said, changing the subject to something lighter.

"Hah, funny."

"No, seriously! You drive better than my mother."

Bakugo gazed over at the male in the passenger seat, "I'm honored."

Deku watched out the window. "Do you have any family at home?" He suspicions. "No doubt that you don't, I just thought I'd ask."

Bakugo nodded as if he were staring at him from a length. "Yeah, my mom and dad are rather far, but I still visit from time to time."

Deku could pertain. He couldn't remember when the last time he hugged his mother was. She moved away a few years back and he hadn't had the money to go back and see her.

Bakugo examined, "You good?"

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired."

Bakugo dabbed his fingers lightly on the wheel, thinking of what he would answer back to this with. "You didn't go to bed, or what?"

Deku chuckled, "I did, I just..." He paused and took a sip of his energy drink. "I just couldn't fall asleep for some reason."

"Maybe it's all those horror games."

Deku sided him with a glare jokingly.