Forbidden Romance Chapter Five

Chapter Five... Men! (Insert Eye Roll Here)

"Excuse me?" the woman in front of me asked again. "Why are you looking for my husband?"

"I uh... I... I..." I couldn't manage to form any words.

"Well, I think you should go, young lady," the woman said coldly. "My husband is busy."

"I'm sorry," I muttered nervously, and turned to run away.

I rounded the bush to hide and cry, and the girl who answered the door stood there, looking at the house. She strartled me.

"Shit!" I yelled, tears rimming in my eyes.

"They're gonna fight..." Sadie said softly, looking at the house still.

"What?" I sniffled.

"You're not the first," Sadie whispered. "And you won't be the last. Mom's pissed. She thought he was over it."

"Wait... you know who I am?" I asked, looking her in the eye.

"You're sleeping with my father," she replied. "It's pretty obvious. He's an ass like that. I wouldn't trust him if I were you."

"I don't anymore," I said coldly.

"I'm Sadie, by the way," she smiled weakly. "And you are?"

"Lana," I replied softly.

"Nice to meet you," she said, looking back at the house.

"Why are you hiding out here, Sadie?" I asked.

"My mom is feisty when she finds out that dad's bedding another teenage girl," she sighed. "You're a fool to fall for him, you know. He's always gonna sleep around, but my mom's stupid, too. She won't just leave him."

"Why won't she?" I questioned.

"Because she loves him. And she believes he's gonna change one day. Ha! I know better than her. There have been girls appearing for as long as I can remember."

"He told me he was divorced..."

"Mom was gonna divorce him last time, but she couldn't do it. My dad should just leave her, make it easy. You know he could go to jail... if anyone ever finds out."

"I know. I don't want him to go to jail, though."

"You're in love with him..."

"Yeah. And?"

"Well, I've never seen a girl who's fallen in love with him before. Most of them are just having sex with him!"

"Well, I'm doing that, too."

"How old are you, Lana?"

"Sixteen."

"Well, so am I. Don't you think it's a bit odd that you're sleeping with a man that has a daughter the same age as you?"

"Well... yeah."

"I don't wanna tell you how to live your own life. But he'll only hurt you. He always stays with my mom. Always. And I hate him for it, believe me. Especially now that he's screwing someone my age. It's dirty. I'd never be with a guy his age, not while I'm this young. My brother and sister don't understand... they don't know what's going on. Ryan's just a brat of a kid and Julie's too young... but I'm old enough. And I understand."

"What are you trying to tell me?"

"Get out, before he hurts you. Or before he gets you pregnant. He'll leave you alone, Lana. He'd abandon you and the baby."