1.4

IT DIDN'T TAKE ATALANTA LONG TO PACK. She had the help of her cabin mates who went overboard on what she needed.

When Atalanta was ten she received a bottomless bag from Charles and she's been using it ever since.

And apparently her friends had packed so much that it finally reached its limit. At least Charles thought about the weight of the bag because he got it charmed to make it as light as a feather (who he got it charmed by Atalanta had no idea).

Despite having experience in going on quests, Atalanta was nervous. Not for her but for everyone else going on the quest. Percy was new here and had little experience. Annabeth was extremely prideful and that could get in the way of the end goal, and Grover, as much as Atalanta loved him, was not very confident in himself and she didn't want that to get him hurt.

Shaking off her thoughts, Atalanta checked her things again before turning around to face her cabin mates.

She was pulled into a tight group hug and practically squeezed to death by her overprotective cabin mates.

"Promise me" a throat was cleared, " promise us that you'll come back Attie." Luke pleaded as he pulled her in for another bone breaking hug.

"You know I can't but I'll try my best. For you and everyone else." Atalanta promised giving her older brother one last hug.

She grabbed her bag trying to keep her watery eyes from leaking.

She stepped out of her cabin and walked down toward Half-blood hill.

She was stopped by someone slamming into her and squeezing her to death.

Her vision was filled by silky black hair of Silena Beauregard.

She quickly squeezed the girl back while putting her face in the crook of her neck.

Silena smelled like vanilla and lavender and fresh baked cookies. She smelt like home and Atlanta was going to miss her.

"You thought that you could just leave us without saying goodbye?" Silena asked angrily, making her nose scrunch slightly.

"Us?" Atalanta asked dumbly.

"She's talking about us" Lee said from behind Silena, as he gestured towards the group of people next to him.

In the group was Charles Berkendof, Katie Gardner, Michael Yew, Clarisse La Rue, Will Solace, and little Theodore.

Atalanta felt her eyes water at all of the people saying goodbye to her.

"We'll what are you waiting for? Bring it in!" Atalanta announced opening her arms wide.

One by one the group gave Atalanta hugs and words of encouragement, telling her to come back to them.

Silena may or may not have given Atalanta a peck of encouragement that left the girls face slightly red.

The last one to give her a hug was surprisingly Clarisse.

"You better come back or I'll get Hades to bring you back just so I could kill you again." Clarisse threatened as she hugged the black haired girl.

"I promise to try my best." Atlanta whispered back letting go of the daughter of Ares.

Saying any last goodbyes Atlanta made her way toward Half-blood hill.

Approaching the hill, Atalanta was met with Grover, Annabeth, and Percy waiting for her.

Chiron gave Annabeth, Percy, and Atalanta each a canteen of nectar and a Ziploc bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies, if they were seriously hurt. It was god food, Chiron reminded them.