Reunited

"Omi...?"

The moment Sakusa heard that nickname and voice, he froze.

There's no way...

It couldn't be possible...

He had to be hallucinating...

There's no way Atsumu was still alive...

"Kiyoomi..."

Sakusa's eyes widened as he heard the voice again, this time calling him by his first name.

He didn't dare turn around.

The fear of turning around and Atsumu not being there was too overpowering.

He must have been hallucinating...

He had to have been...

"You're not real..." He said, surprised at his own voice, "Atsumu turned two months ago- He's dead!" He shouted angrily.

He froze as he felt a pair of arms circle around his neck.

He kept his eyes trained on the memorial in front of him as whoever was behind him rested their head on his shoulder.

He saw a blonde tuff of hair in the corner of his eye.

He had hope.

"...Atsu?" He asked, impatiently waiting for the answer.

"I'm right here, Omi-kun..."

That was Sakusa's breaking point.

The voice was right next to his ear, it was as clear as day.

He turned around and was met with those familiar honey-colored eyes that he could get lost in.

He stared at the blonde crouched down in front of him as tears formed in his eyes.

He turned around completely, pulling the blonde boy into a tight embrace.

They sat there for a few moments in silence as Sakusa cried into Atsumu's shoulder.

"You're alive... And still human?? How?" Sakusa asked quietly as he pulled away.

"I wouldn't say that I'm still human... I'm part monster now, but I'm still me," Atsumu answered softly.

Sakusa ran a hand through Atsumu's soft blonde hair.

"I missed you so much..." He whispered.

"I missed ya too, Omi..." Atsumu replied.

Sakusa smiled softly as he leaned down and kissed Atsumu.

Atsumu kissed back almost instantly, pulling Sakusa closer as he curled his arms around the taller boy's neck.

After a minute, Sakusa pulled away and placed his forehead against Atsumu's.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that..." Sakusa said.

Atsumu giggled, "I'm glad ya did," he said as he connected their lips once again.

Little did they know that Akagi, Komori, Osamu and Suna were spying on them from the backdoor while Suna recorded them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My SakuAtsu heart- 😭🤚
Short chapter, I know... But this is the end 👋

Anygays... Signing off for the last time in this fic, byeee!!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -