Specs stared at him, completely ignoring the other two boys outside of the car. Jack whistled and pulled Davey away from the car in a hurry. "You ain't gonna wanna see that."

What were they going to do? Davey shrugged and followed Jack back inside, where he noticed most of the boys were cuddling with someone else. Another boy, in fact.

"Are all of you homosexual?"

Everyone turned to look at Jack's boy, Albert being the only one brave enough to react. He kissed Elmer deeply, pulling away and and smirked at Davey as he stared straight into his eyes.

"I like girls", he says sarcastically, going back to what he was doing. Poor Elmer was left a blushing mess.

"Come on, Dave", Jack chuckled, grabbing the shorter's hand. "I'll explain everythin' to you upstairs."

Davey followed him with a small smile, waving to the other guys.

———————

"David!" Sarah ran up to her brother, Katherine not far behind. She pushed him out of frustration and relief. "Where the hell were you?! What happened to your face?!"

"Sarah, you shouldn't-"

"I'll do what I damn please!" Sarah ignored Katherine protests as she stared at Davey. "What happened?"

"I got into a fight, Sar", Davey says tiredly, closing his locker and walking away. Sarah follows him with a scoff.

"A fight?! Davey, you don't get into fights, you don't know how to-"

"I can fight", Davey argues, stopping in the hall. "I just got a little bruised. Jack cleaned me up."

"Jack, cleaned you up, huh?" Davey furrowed his brows in confusion, nodding. "Is that all he did?"

"What else would he do?"

Katherine placed a hand on Sarah's shoulder, glancing at her friend with a small smile. "We'll see you later, okay?"

Davey nodded and watched them walk away, the air becoming more curious. He felt an arm around his shoulders, his lips curling into a smile.

"So", Jack starts, a small smile on his lips. "You? Me? Date?"

"Oh, I can't", Davey denies, looking through his planner. "I'm supposed to study with Katherine and Sarah tonight."

"Study for what?"

"The variety tests coming up", Davey chuckles. "You studying?"

"I usually just skip those", Jack shrugs, looking at Davey's shocked face. "What?"

"Jack! You can't skip one of the biggest parts of your grade."

"And how would you know how big of a part it is?"

"Because I do!" Davey sighed, hearing the bell ring. He glanced down the hall and back at Jack. "Listen, I'm going to Kath's place after school. You can study with us."

Jack was left speechless as Davey ran away, leaving him alone.

"I hate readin', though."

——————

"I can't believe you invited him", Katherine whispers, preparing snacks for their study session. "You know my father hates boys like him."

"Big deal", Davey mutters, causing Katherine to roll her eyes. "Look, we just need to help him study. He could use it. You know he's skipping classes?"

"And why should we care?" Davey turns to his sister, who's arms are crossed. Davey sighs.

"Because I do?" It was a big stretch, and it was likely it wouldn't even work. Thank God he was saved by the bell.