Four

PANDIA

The line sure was moving fast, and before I knew it my mother was heading back to the pack house to set up the preparations for the ceremony tonight.

Gamma Felix, as mom had promised dad; stayed behind, as Delta Max and the twins drove my mom back to the pack house before dropping her off to turn around to come back, and wait for me to close up here.

I was thankful my mom let me stay behind to take a bit longer getting back to the house, avoiding the training session he had in mind. She knows father means well but he sometimes pushes too hard.

Sure I know how to fight, I could be the top warrior if I wanted to, but truth be told I hate fighting. I hate the sight of blood, can't stand it, let alone the very smell of it.

I take a quick glance at the clock, only an hour left before I can close and clean up...I wish I had more time. I'm not ready to go back home, not ready for the training, not ready for the Ball either; I'm scared to find my mate. How will I even find them without a wolf? What if I don't even have a mate?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts, quickly remembering now is not the right time to get lost in thought when there's a line going out the door.

Okay, not actually going out the door; but it sure does feel like it.

I look up at the next customer in line, and my breath hitched in my throat. This man was a werewolf, an obvious reason being I could smell him, and because no normal human are built like the men of our kind.

He was emitting this...slight power from him. Beta, maybe? It's giving the same aura Beta Matthew gives off, so this must be another Beta in for the mating ceremony.

He was tall, had a muscular build —like most male wolves do, with hard features. Black hair, but the bluest eyes I had ever seen. Even had the cutest little butt chi-

"Hello, I'd like to order..." He interrupts my thoughts, embarrassing for me since I'm probably drooling while looking at this fine man in front of me.

I barley heard his order from all the staring I was doing, before ringing him up, taking his cash, giving him his change, and giving him a small smile while bidding him good day. I wonder if I'll see him tonight when-

Holy mother of goddess —if I thought the last man before me was easy on the eyes, boy was I not ready for the man in front of me now.

It's like the world stops as I look at this man, into his eyes. I felt this feeling of becoming whole, like I was missing something and I finally found it. I felt like I had been floating in the oblivion and I was brought down to this Earth, grounded, just by solely looking at this very painfully beautiful man before me.

He's powerful, his stare almost hard and cold. Almost...

Alpha, he must be an Alpha, I mean his whole entire aura just screamed Alpha. The man before him is definitely his Beta, no doubt in my mind about that now.

My mouth suddenly went incredibly dry, my throat felt like it closed up, like this man in front of me was the only one who could clench my undying thirst.

I felt something perk up inside me, like all of my senses were heightened and going crazy. Like I couldn't take my eyes off of him, I had to watch his every move.

I wanted to reach out and touch his arms, ches- Wait a fucking second.

What am I even saying to myself right now? I don't even know this man, yet my jaw is all the way down to the Earth's core. I really need to get a grip.

But it's so hard when looking at him. His build is easily the largest I have ever seen, even more so than my father —and I thought that was impossible to beat.