One

ALPHA MASON LUME

"Can we please pull over and grab a bite to eat? I am starving, I don't think I can wait until dinner Alpha." My Beta, Ethan, whined from the drivers' seat.

I rolled my eyes, I swear the man had a black hole for a stomach. "We ate before we left the pack house, like an hour ago."

"I know but you kn-" He started, but I cut him off. "Yeah, I know I know, a man can never eat enough. We can pull over, but somewhere I can get a good cup of coffee too, I need another boost of caffeine before we check in as well."

He immediately smiled, "You got it, Alpha!"

I turned my lip up at him with a nod, and continued to look out the window at the human town before me. It was more like a city, but still had that small hometown feel to it.

Tonight was the Full Moon, and every Full Moon the packs around the country take turns throwing annual Mating Ceremonies at the chance of finding your Goddess chosen mate. And in some rare, lucky, cases - a second chance mate.

I have yet to meet my Goddess given mate. I got my wolf when I was sixteen, his name is Jax and he has been hell bent on finding our mate ever since he awoke. I didn't start to attend these ceremonies until I was eighteen, like everyone else.

It's actually pretty common for those from pure Alpha/higher bloodlines, to get their wolves as young as sixteen; I sometimes wish my wolf had awaken at eighteen because he wants nothing more than to find our Goddess given mate, and he makes sure of it.

Tonight, my pack is visiting our neighboring pack, the Northern Shadow pack. My pack, the New Moon pack, is the largest and strongest in the country. The Northern Shadow pack is the second largest pack in the country.

The Alpha of the Northern Shadow pack, Alpha Joseph Adonis, was very good friends with my father when he was alive. He is family to me, he helped mentor me when I had to step up to the Alpha position at the young age of eighteen, after my father was murdered. The same day I lost my father, Alpha Adonis lost his Goddess chosen mate, Luna Maria.

There was a nasty war, and many lives of our packs were lost. Including my Grandparents' on my fathers' side, and an uncle from my mothers' side who was visiting at the time we were ambushed. If it weren't for my uncle, I would've been orphaned that day.

Alpha Adonis has a son around two years younger than myself, with his first chance mate; his name is Marcos. He has not been given the Alpha title yet, because like me; Marcos has not found his Goddess given mate. His father wants him to find her before he hands him the title.

Marcos is also what you'd say, a player. I can say that because well, I'm no saint either. But he also isn't mentally, well, prepared to take on the pack; don't get me wrong, I wasn't either but I had no choice. I put my duties as Alpha above all no matter what, unlike Marcos.

It's like no matter how hard his father tries to teach him the ropes, Marcos would rather live life and have fun, clubbing, and having all the she-wolves throw themselves at him just from a smirk and a few sweet words.

I've had a few flings here and there, they never last long though because Storm comes to the surface and forces them away; he only wants our mate. He goes on and on about how I'm "poisoning" our body, when we should be saving ourselves for our mate. But to me, it's just fun.

I've been looking for my mate for almost a decade now and no luck, I just felt ready to learn about the ropes of sex so I gave in to temptation. At least now I'll be able to and know how to please my mate when I find her.

My thoughts earn a growl from Storm, "We could've learned with our mate."

"Who's to say she isn't doing the same thing with others?" I snap back.