Chapter 36. 2

Depuis le début

"Yesterday, I asked Bodhisattva for divination. Bodhisattva said that it's all right to eat a little," Grandma Xiao replied with a smile.

That's not who you should ask, okay?! Xiao Shenxing thought, distressed. At that moment, there was a sound of footsteps. Hurriedly pretending it had distracted him, he looked at his son who was coming down the stairs, and rebuked loudly, "Just look at yourself! What is this?!"

Xiao Chi: "???"

Xiao Shenxing glanced at his mother, who looked like she wanted to continue the topic of her missing souvenir from Belgium, and quickly approached his son, trying to find something to criticize as he walked. Failing to do so, he could only scold unreasonably, "Just look at how you're dressed!"

The house was heated and it was about 20ºC inside. Xiao Miao was wearing a dress that exposed her calves, but Xiao Chi was wrapped up tightly, and even wore a thick leather jacket!

Father Xiao grabbed the collar of his son's jacket and pulled it open. "Just look at how thick this is!"

What do you know, you philistine!

This jacket had been placed in the family's Buddhist hall so that Bodhisattva would bless it! It was very auspicious to wear it, just right for the New Year!

After making sure that his father didn't accidentally scratch the leather with his nails, Xiao Chi quickly pulled the collar out of his hand and carefully smoothed the wrinkles. As for Xiao Shenxing's anger? He wasn't afraid of it at all—his father would get mad from time to time for whatever reason.

Xiao Miao, who was lying on the sofa eating fruit, couldn't help but press a hand against her forehead. This jacket again.

For the first time in her life, she saw someone have a leather jacket be blessed, and not only did Xiao Chi act as if it was completely normal, but Grandma Xiao unexpectedly didn't stop it either; it was truly an eye-opener. After that, Xiao Chi came to borrow leather care lotion from her and never returned it. He'd been wearing it since yesterday, even when the relatives came to pay their New Year's visits!

All right, the jacket was nice and he looked good in it, but wasn't he hot? It was twenty degrees inside the house!

Xiao Shenxing, who scolded his son to shift the topic, took advantage of his proximity to the stairs to flee to the second floor before Grandma Xiao could raise the issue of Belgian chocolates again. Xiao Chi, who was suddenly scolded, didn't take the short dispute seriously at all. After confirming that his jacket was not damaged, he straightened out the string of beads on his wrist and said, "I'm going out."

"Going out?" Grandma Xiao was immediately concerned for her grandson. "It's almost twenty degrees below zero outside—dress warmly and come back before dinner!"

Xiao Chi said, "Okay," and walked towards the door.

Xiao Miao looked at her elder brother coldly, eyeing the jacket on his body. It was -22ºC today, and it had snowed heavily a few days ago, making the world outside a frozen and snow-covered land. She really wanted to see what outfit this person would use to brave it.

Xiao Chi walked to the hallway, changed his boots, took his keys, and put on a scarf and a pair of gloves. Then, he stretched out his hand to the thick down jacket hanging on the coat rack and—

Put it on. Over the leather jacket.

Xiao Miao: "WTF?"

Acting perfectly natural, Xiao Chi wrapped the down jacket around himself and over the leather jacket, opened the door, and left.