Chapter 48: Thunder Spears

As the titans outside the wall all lined up beside the Beast Titan, every soldier stood close to or near the Commander as they took in the sight. Ayane however narrowed her blue eyes at the Beast Titan as she stood in between her father and uncle, Reiner's blood slightly soaked the cuff of her right arm.

'So this is their plan huh? Bring it on bitch.' Ayane thought.

When Levi mentioned that Reiner was gonna crawl up the wall Erwin quickly ordered everyone to maintain a safe distance and for Ayane's squad to act on her command not only that but to keep her out of the enemy's reach.

Eren a few feet away questioned why Erwin wasn't having them attack, and why wasn't Ayane doing anything at all either. Hange just explained that much alike to Erwin both were watching their opponent's movements to try and figure out their strategy in order to make the right choice of their next action.

"Ayane has learned a lot from Erwin over the years, ever since she was a child it seems like the Commander taught her how to be a good leader and to adapt to her opponent's movements to choose a better way to win a fight," Hange explained.

'It explains a lot on how she reads everyone with their movements...doesn't surprise me anymore that she can also read her opponent's emotions through combat hench her knowledge of their next attack.' Eren thought.

"Commander, that titan back there behind the Beast Titan it didn't transform...could it be?" Ayane began to question.
"The enemies scout? Yes, which also means they have one more intelligent titan." Erwin confirms.
"Great more people like Reiner and Bertholt on the enemy side...whatever we'll kill it eventually." Ayane sighed.
"Don't get ahead of yourself, you still need to be extra careful. They need you for something because you possess the blood of a noble family that they have more knowledge about." Levi told her.
"I know father, I'll do my best not to get in their hands," Ayane replied.

It wasn't as if Levi wanted to admit his daughter was of Okumura blood but he had a funny feeling what these freaks were on about were telling the truth...because a few days before this mission finally began he noticed how at times Ayane wouldn't answer to her name and got confused at times of who she really was.

There wasn't a time nor place for Ayane to go through an identity crisis for now, but either way, Levi made sure he, Hange and Erwin kept a close eye on her and remind her at any time she needed who she was and how loved she was as lately she questioned if she really was worthy of such family love.

'I'm not sure who the hell were her birth parents but to make a child feel like that even after they were born...pretty shitty people.' Levi thought.

The next thing everyone knew the Beast Titan raised his fist and slammed it into the groundbreaking it under the weight of the hit as it screamed out loud, this seemed to have commanded the smaller mindless titans as they ran towards the walls.

"Uncle, you noticed their plans right?" Ayane asked.
"Indeed, they plan to do the same thing that they did at that castle, which means they'll go for the horses first then wait until you and Eren are too weak to move and resist so they can grab you both and get out of here," Erwin replied.
"Which means we'll have to defend the horses." Ayane sighed.
"Not to mention those larger titans will prevent our escape as well," Erwin explained.

Reiner was nearing the top of the walls, finally, Erwin had a plan to take action. One squad was gonna help Ayane's squad with defending the horses whereas Levi's and Hange's squad were gonna take on Reiner and give it everything they got with the thunder spears.

"Lieutenant, we're with you," Floch tells her.
"We attack as a unit you understand? Stay close but don't stray too far or these titans will grab you and will kill you. So stay focused." Ayane explained.
"Yes ma'am!" They shouted back.