Chapter 35: Smoke Signal

||A/N: And we're back!! Okay so just to let everyone know this chapter will be a bit or a lot longer than the rest since you'll be given a bit more info on Ayane and how she and Levi first met along with some snit bits of what Ayane is to expect for future chapters!!||

The night was rather silent for the time being, in a different room Ayane was asleep in her bed as she tossed and turned, ever since the new Levi's squad went into hiding to protect Eren, Historia and Ayane herself they've been holed up in cabins around the forest.

Ayane lately though had been losing sleep sometimes or would try not to fall asleep, anytime she did fall asleep she'd have the same dream but as time went on the dream continued to get clearer with each moment but very slightly.
It got so bad to the point where currently as of now she could both see and hear clearly what was being said.

                                                                     **Dream World**

Opening her eyes Ayane saw the faint yet blurry sight of a large yet skinny tree, next thing she knew it felt like she fell through the ground and all around her was water. She could barely hear anything as she gasped and felt the illusion of fluid quickly going into her mouth making her panic.

In the distance, there was something glowing and as it slowly glided closer and closer to her it began to glow brighter until the entire place was shone in bright white light, groaning Ayane woke once more on top of the land of sand...and some reason she hadn't been wet from whatever she was in previously.

'What's going on? Why am I seeing this again?' Ayane thought.

Walking a bit of way this time Ayane was able to come far enough to have her gaze land on a glowing like a tree...some reason it was a rather familiar or normal sight for her to see as she was quite calm as her blue eyes continued to gaze at it.

"***....your here....**** it's been too ****" A girls voice was barely heard.
"What?!" Ayane asked.
"Soon...you'll be ****." The girl spoke in and out again.

Suddenly Ayane stood before the walls as they began to crack and fall apart before her eyes as the light around her turned into a dangerous shade of yellow as a titan began to form beside her. It took was much too blurry to recognize.

'Wait...someone is trying to tell me something...but who!?' Ayane thought.

As fast as that sight came she caught a glimpse of a familiar coloured eye then suddenly she was thrown to the ground by an unknown force, groaning she looked around her. Suddenly a sharp pain in her eye nearly had her double over as she covered it with her hand, the pain had gotten so bad that she fell to her knees then off to her side as she landed in the sand, from there she slowly had fallen back unconscious as she slowly fell completely she felt a hand gently stroking her face in a somewhat comforting manner.

"You'll be **** ****" A familiar male voice was heard along with a faint sound of a baby's cries in the distance before things went dark and silent.

                                                                              **Reality**

Ayane gasped as she woke up and lurched forwards breathing heavy, sweat rolled down her face as she raised one hand to cover one of her eyes. Gripping the bed sheets under her she took the moment to calm herself before changing shirts, needing the breather she grabbed her green cloak and wrapped it around her shoulders then left.