Epilogue: New Beginning

Iris' POV

Iris' POV

I had given birth to another son. I named him Jonah. As the day he was born I saw a dove. Flying through the sky free. Like I want my son to be. He was born free like a dove. So I gave him a name that means 'dove'.

Everyone has their own home now and we've settled in well. We have milk, honey, meat, grains and water. We have everything we need to survive. We have a place of worship for god and pray every seventh morning. Tzipporah announced that she is pregnant and Mariam is now courting someone and so is Aaron.

Anyway Moses left this morning to hike up the mountain. He said he had a message from god to meet him there. I'm by the river relaxing in the shade as I nurse Jonah. "Here y are!" Tzipporah shouts as she joins me.

"Morning Tzipporah, how are you feeling this morning?" I ask her. She has been having bad morning sickness.

"Not like vomiting today, so good" she says with a smile as she sits beside me. "How is Jonah? How are you?" she asks me.

"We are well, though I do miss Ramses" I tell her.

"I don't understand what you saw in him" she tells me. "But we are all here for you" she reminds me.

"I know" I assure her. Jonah finishes and I burp him. Before rocking him gently as e falls asleep.

"He is such a well behaved baby" Tzipporah says. While she smiles stroking his cheek. "I hope my little one will be as good as him" she states.

"Every baby is different. Amun, was a very stubborn child. He was much like his father in that way. But I loved them both with my whole heart" I tell her. "Besides you may have a girl" I add.

"True" she says touching her stomach. It's started to develop a bump. Soon we hear a commotion from town.

"Moses has returned!" we hear Aaron shout. Tzipporah and I get up and head for the square. Where Moses stands with a stone tablet.

"God has spoken to me and give us ten commandments to live by. I shall tell you each one and explain each of them" Moses tells us. "The first one is, 'I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me'.  This commandment forbids idolatry, the worship of false gods and goddesses, and it prohibits polytheism, the belief in many gods, insisting instead on monotheism, the belief in one God. This commandment forbids making golden calves, building temples to Isis, and worshipping statues of Caesar, for example" he explains.

"The second one is 'Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain'. The faithful are required to honor the name of God. It makes sense that if you're to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, then you're naturally to respect the name of God with equal passion and vigor" Moses explains.

"Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day" he says. "It begins at sundown on Friday evening and lasts until sundown on Saturday" he tells us. "The fourth one is, 'Honor thy father and mother'. This commandment obliges the faithful to show respect for their parents — as children and adults. Children must obey their parents, and adults must respect and see to the care of their parents when they become old and infirm" he explains.

"Thou shalt not kill" he states. "Killing an innocent person is considered murder. Killing an unjust aggressor to preserve your own life is still killing, but it isn't considered murder or immoral" he explains.

"Thou shalt not commit adultery" he continues. "The sixth and ninth commandments honor human sexuality. This commandment forbids the actual, physical act of having immoral sexual activity, specifically adultery, which is sex with someone else's spouse or a spouse cheating on their partner. This commandment also includes fornication, which is sex between unmarried people, prostitution, pornography, homosexual activity, masturbation, group sex, rape, incest, pedophilia, bestiality, and necrophilia" he explains.

"Thou shalt not steal" he says. "This commandment forbids the act of taking someone else's property" he states. "The eighth is, 'Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor'" he says. "The Eighth Commandment condemns lying. Because God is regarded as the author of all truth, the Church believes that humans are obligated to honor the truth. The most obvious way to fulfill this commandment is not to lie — intentionally deceive another by speaking a falsehood" he explains.

"Nine, 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife'" Moses states. "This forbids the intentional desire and longing for immoral sexuality. To sin in the heart, Jesus says, is to lust after a woman or a man in your heart with the desire and will to have immoral sex with them. Just as human life is a gift from God and needs to be respected, defended, and protected, so, too, is human sexuality" he explains.

"Lastly, 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods'" he tells us. "It forbids the wanting or taking of someone else's property" he states. "We shall live by these commandments and pass them down to our children. Those who fail to follow these commandments will be punished by god" he declares.

Everyone disperses and he walks over to Tzipporah and I. He hugs his wife and kisses her. "Moses, will God punish me?" I ask him concerned. "I used to worship the Egyptian gods, I lied to you for years and I stole Jonah from Ramses" I say.

"You did not steal him Iris, he is your son. Ramses did not know of him. Even though you pretended to worship the Egyptian gods, you never lost faith in God. You did not lie, only withhold the truth because you were threaten" he states. "God loves you as he does all his children Iris" he assures me.

"Thank you Moses" I say. "I'm going to go home and make myself dinner. Have a good night you two" I tell them before leaving.

Tzipporah ended up having a little girl, she named her Ayla. As she was born under an oak tree on the night of a full moon. As the years past she and Jonah became best friends. And remained so. I died and was reunited with Ramses and Amun in the after life. Where we lived happily ever after.

A/N

Picture above of Moses with the ten commandments and picture in chapter of Jonah.