Moses Return

Iris' POV

It's my birthday and Ramses has thrown a feast for me. Our son is eight years old, nearly nine. He looks so much like Ramses, but has my eyes. I love him with all my heart and Ramses. Along with my future baby. Yes, I'm pregnant again. It's a miracle, I was told I wouldn't be able to have another child. But here I am pregnant again. I can't wait to tell Ramses. Amun knows and is keeping it a secret. I'll be telling Ramses tonight.

Right now I am sitting beside Amun while Ramses sits on the throne. There are young girls in front of us dancing. The doors open and a Hebrew man appears with a woman I have not seen in years. Tzipporah. Ramses raises his hand and the performers stop dancing as the pair approach us.

"Ramses" the man says.

"Moses" I mutter getting to my feet.

"Moses" Ramses says as he stands up and approaches him. "Is it really?" he asks as he descends the stairs. The man nods and Ramses does the same. They embrace each other and I race down the stairs.

"Moses!" I cry and hug him.

"Iris" he says surprised a smiles.

"Where have you been? We searched for years" I tell him as tears fill my eyes.

"We took you for dead" Ramses tells him as he wraps an arm around my waist.

"Look at you both" Moses says with a bright smile. "Pharaoh and queen" he says shocked.

"We married nearly ten years ago" I tell him smiling brightly. "I wish you were there cousin" I state.

"Well, look at you. What on earth are you dressed as?" Ramses asks him laughing. Moses chuckles and hugs Ramses again.

"Oh Ramses, it's so good to see you and Iris" Moses tells him. Hotep and Huy decide to ruin our family reunion.

"Excuse me, your Majesties" Hotep says. Ramses and I look at them annoyed. "We are compelled to remind you this man committed a serious crime against the gods" he states.

"We are loathe to bring it up, mind you" Huy adds.

"The law clearly states the punishment for such a crime..." Hotep continues.

"DEATH!" Huy exclaims and I glare at him hotly.

"We hesitate to say it" Hotep states. I go to snap at the pair. But Ramses places a calming hand on my shoulder.

"Be still. Pharaoh speaks" Ramses says and everyone stands still. "I am the morning and the evening star" he states.

"Ramses" Moses tries to say. But I stop him. As Ramses continues.

"It shall be as I say. I pardon forever all crimes of which he stands accused, and will have it known that he is our brother Moses, the Prince of Egypt" Ramses declares.

"Rameses, in my heart, you are my brother, but things cannot be as they were" Moses tells him.

"I see no reason why not" Ramses tells him.

"They can be better then before" I tell Moses.

"You know I am a Hebrew, and the God od the Hebrews came to me" Moses tells Ramses.

"He did?" I ask shocked. Has the time really come at last? Are my people finally going to be free of slavery? I look at my son and go over to him. I wrap my arms around him.

"What?" Ramses asks.

"He commands that you let his people go" Moses tells him. The crowd murmur.

"Commands?" Ramses asks unimpressed.

"Behold, the power of God" Moses says presenting his wooden staff. That turns into a dessert cobra. I step back holding my son close. Wanting to protect him.

"Well, uh, impressive. Hmm. Very well, Moses. I'll play along" Ramses tells him. "Hotep. Huy. Give this snake charmer our answer" he instructs. He returns to Amun and I. He leads us over to the throne and sits down. With me on his lap. Amun on the arm rest. His arms wrapped around us Huy and Hotep begin to sing making black cobras appear.

"By the power of Ra...Mut...Nut...Khnum...Ptah...Nephthys...Nekhbet...Sobek...Sekhment...Sokar...Selket...Reshpu...Wadjet...Anubis...Anukis...Seshmu...Meshkent...Hemsut...Tefnut...Heket...Mafdet...Ra...Mut...Nut...Ptah...Hemsut...Tefnut...Sokar...Selket...Seshmu...Reshpu...Sobek...Wadjet...Heket...Mafdet...Nephthys...Nekhbet...Ra...So you think you've got friends in high placesWith the power to put us on the runWell, forgive us these smiles on our facesYou'll know what power is when we are doneSon...You're playing with the big boys nowPlaying with the big boys nowEv'ry spell and gestureTells you who's the best, you're Playing with the big boys nowYou're playing with the big boys nowYou're playing with the big boys nowStop this foolish missionWatch a true magicianGive an exhibition howPick up your silly twig, boyYou're playing with the big boys now![Egyptian Priests]By the power of RaMut, Nut, Khnum, PtahSobek, Sekhmet, Sokar, SelketAnumbis, AnukisHemsut, Tefnut, Meshkent, Mafdet...[Hotep and Huy]You're playing with the big boys nowYou're playing with the big boys nowBy the might of HorusYou will kneel before usKneel to us; Pandora's power...You put up a frontYou put up a fightAnd just to show we feel no spiteYou can be our acolyteBut first, boy, it's time to bow(Bow down!)Or it's your own grave you'll dig, boyYou're playing with the big boys nowPlaying with the big boysNow!" they finish singing as their cobras were devoured by Moses. As the crowd cheers at the performance. I look at Ramses.

"Moses, come with me" Ramses says and leaves the room. Moses follows him. I send Amun off with my hand maid and approach Tzipporah.

"I see you ended falling for Moses after all" I say smiling.

"I did" she says with a smile. "You've come a long way since I saw you last" she states.

"What can I say, love works in mysterious ways. Just like god" I state as the cobra approaches us. I offer it my arm and it wraps itself around it. "Such a majestic creature" I say and it turns back into a staff. I hand it to Tzipporah. "Know this, I want the Hebrews free as much as you and Moses. But Ramses won't give up without a fight" I tell her. She nods her head. Moses appears and they leave together.

A/N

Picture above of Amun with Ramses and picture on the external link of Moses with Ramses. Video above of the song.