Son

Iris' POV

Shortly after Tuya died. I discovered I was pregnant with mine and Ramses first child. When I told him. He was ecstatic. He wanted to tell everyone. But I convinced him to keep quiet until I started to show. Then we had a big party to celebrate our future baby. The celebration lasted nearly a week.

But now I'm due to give birth any day now and I am so over being pregnant. "My lady, you should be resting" one of my hand maids tell me.

"I'm only taking a walk through the garden. While my husband is busy in a meeting" I tell her. "Besides I know my own body's limitations" I state.

"Iris!" Ramses calls and I curse.

"Ramses, what a pleasant surprise" I say with a smile. "I thought you were in a meeting with Hotep and Huy" I say innocently.

"It ended early" he says as he wraps his arms around me. "Now, imagine my surprise when I return to our chambers. To find you missing" he says with a smirk. "I'm pretty sure you were put on bed rest" he states.

"But it's boring in there alone" I whine as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Come on, lets go to the court yard" I suggest.

"I'm afraid not my love, the only place you are going is back to bed" he tells me. I pout at him, giving him puppy dog eyes. "You know that doesn't work on me" he reminds me with a smirk.

"It used to" I say with a pout. "You're dismissed" I tell the hand maid. Before leaving with Ramses. I groan and hold my stomach.

"Iris, are you ok?" Ramses asks me concerned.

"I'm fine, it's been happening the last half hour" I tell him. Suddenly I feel a pool of liquid run down my leg. "Ramses, I think my water just broke" I tell him sheepishly.

"We have to get you back to our chambers and summon the midwife" he states picking me up. "Omar, call the midwife" he tells my father as he comes around the corner.

"Right away Pharaoh" he says and runs off. Ramses carries me back to our chambers. He puts me down and I change into a dress I had made for the birth. Before laying on the bed as another contraction hits me.

"Are you ok?" Ramses asks me concerned as he sits beside me on the bed.

"Yes, it hurts. But I can handle it" I assure him. "You know we never talked names" I state.

"Yes we did, years ago" he tells me. I frown in confusion. "If it's a boy, we'll name him Amun and a girl Nerissa" he states.

"You remembered" I say with a smile.

"Of course I did" he says with a smile and kisses my forehead. Just then the midwife appears.

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait outside pharaoh, this is women business" she tells him lowly. Head bowed.

"Very well" he says reluctantly. He looks back at me and kisses me gently. "I shall return straight after the birth. Not a moment longer" he promises me.

"I love you Ramses" I tell him.

"As I love you my queen" he tells me before leaving the room.

"You're nearly fully dilated my queen, soon it'll be time to start to push" the midwife tells me. She sets up a station where she can clean the baby and exam it after the birth. Before checking me again. "It's time my queen, when the next contraction hits you can push" she tells me. I nod my head.

(Time skip)

"I have the baby's shoulders one more big push and they will be here" the midwife tells me. I pant heavily feeling exhausted. When my next contraction hits, I summon all of my remaining strength and push hard. Soon a shrill baby cry fills the room "It's a boy" she declares and goes to clean him.

Ramses rushes into the room and to my side. "Are you ok Iris?" he asks me curious.

"Yes, though I'm exhausted" I tell him. The midwife walks over and hands me my son. Saying he was perfectly healthy. "He's perfect" I say smiling. "Ramses, meet our son Amun" I say handing him to Ramses.

"He's perfect and so tiny" Ramses says with love in his eyes.

"He was just born" I remind him. "We'll organize the el-sebou tomorrow, so that it'll be ready in seven days" I state.

"Sounds good to me, I cancelled everything for today. So that the three of us can be together" he tells me.

"My queen, the young prince will be hungry soon and you yourself must eat" the midwife tells me. As Ramses hands me back our son.

"I know, please go have someone from the kitchen bring me food. Please tell no one our son's name" I tell her.

"Of course my queen" she says before leaving.

I lower my dress freeing one of my breasts. "What are you doing?" Ramses asks me. Eyeing my eyes lustfully.

"Feeding our son, he has milk that I produce" I tell him as I encourage our son to latch onto my nipple. He does so and starts to suckle. "Good boy" I say as I stroke his hair.

"Can I have some?" Ramses asks and I give him a pointed look. "Fine, forget I asked" he says sheepishly. "I love you Iris and our son" he tells me.

"As we love you my husband" I tell him. Soon Amun finishes and I burp him. Before handing him to Ramses and go clean up. Before changing the bed sheets. Before laying down and Ramses lays a sleeping Amun beside me.

"Sleep my love and I'll wake you when the food arrives" he tells me. I nod my head tiredly and fall a sleep. Holding my new born son close.