Talk with Ramses

Iris' POV

I was reading a scroll on cats when a shadow falls over me. "Finally found you" a male voice says. I look up from the scroll.

"Prince Ramses" I say getting up and bow.

"You need not bow" he tells me lifting my chin. "Besides we're alone, so calls me Ramses" he adds.

"Of course, is there something I can help you with?" I ask as I roll up the scroll I had been reading.

"I just finished talking to mother and father" he states. I freeze for a second, before gathering the scrolls. "You knew, ever since you started working here didn't you?" he asks.

"Before then, I've known for ten years. It was one of the reasons I wanted to work here. So that I could see Moses" I state. "My other cousins, Moses' older siblings told me how he was adopted by the queen and pharaoh. My father wanted me to work here also. So that I would have a better life" I explain.

"Moses has siblings?" he asks me surprised and I nod my head.

"Yes, they work are slaves at the temple being constructed" I tell him.

"So you're part Hebrew?" he asks.

"Yes, my mother was Hebrew. She died the day Moses was adopted" I tell him sadly.

"I'm sorry" he tells me.

"It wasn't your fault" I tell him. "I actually plan on seeing my cousins tonight, to tell them about Moses" I state.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? It's not safe" he tells me concerned.

"I'll be fine, I've done it many times over the years" I tell him. "How do you feel about everything? Now that you know the truth?" I ask him.

"I don't know how to feel" he tells me while scratching the back of his neck. "I know I still love Moses as a brother and that won't change. But with how I feel about my parents and Hebrews, I don't know" he states.

"I know Moses will always love you Ramses as a brother" I tell him. "He'll come back one day, I'm sure of it" I state looking out the window at the night sky.

"You really think he'll survive out there alone?" he asks me.

"He's not stupid, if anyone can survive. He can, besides he has God on his side" I state.

"Which God?" Ramses asks me.

"All gods I suppose. Both Hebrew and Egyptian" I state. "I'll pray for his safe return" I add.

"So will I, I've already organized a search party. I won't rest until he is home" he tells me.

"You're a great guy Ramses, I know you'll be an amazing Pharaoh one day" I tell him.

"What about you?" he asks me.

"What about me?" I ask him confused.

"What's in your future?" he asks me curious.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"Surely you don't plan on being a hand maiden to my mother for life" he states.

"Of course not, when she steps down I will work for your future wife" I state. "Maybe have a husband and a few kids" I add smiling.

"I've seen you with kids, you'd be an amazing mother" he tells me. I blush lightly. "What if a better job come up? A better life for you, would you take it?" he asks me.

"What better job could exist for someone like me?" I ask him confused. "Besides as long as I can still see you and Moses in future. My life will be complete" I tell him smiling.

"I promise, we'll always know each other Iris" he tells me. Making me smile. "What would you name your children?" he asks me curious.

"Amun for my first born son, Nerissa for a daughter after my mother" I tell him.

"What if you had two sons?" Ramses asks.

"Maybe name the second Omar after my father or let the father decide" I state. "What about you? What would you name your future son?" I ask him curious.

"Moses" he says and I smile brightly at him. "You should go" he adds looking outside.

"What?" I ask confused.

"You wanted to see your cousins, the guards are changing shift soon. It'd be the best time to sneak out" he states. "Just be back before midnight" he tells me.

"Right, I just need to change first. Thank you for this talk Ramses, know that I am here if you ever need someone to talk too" I tell him. I kiss his cheek and left. I returned to my room and changed. Grabbing some food for my cousins before sneaking out.

I got to my cousins house and Aaron let me in. "Iris, I didn't expect you tonight" Miriam says surprised. She gives me a hug, which I return happily. "Is this about Moses? Is he ok?" she asks me concerned.

"I don't know" I tell her honestly. "He ran off into the desert, Ramses has prepared a search party for him. Won't rest until he is home" I explain.

"Will they punish him?" she asks me.

"I doubt it, he maybe adopted. But he is a prince of Egypt" I state.

"What of the other prince? I notice you don't call him by his title. And you were there today, but weren't serving him. What is he to you?" Aaron asks me.

"A friend" I state.

"Moses will be back, he's our deliverer and will free us all" Miriam states.

"I hope you all get the freedom you deserve" I tell her.

"But what about you? You're coming with us right?" Aaron asks me.

"I don't know, I'll decide when the time comes" I tell him. "Anyway, enjoy the food. I'll keep you updated about Moses" I tell them. I hug them both before returning to the palace. I return to my room and lower my hood.

"This look suits you" Ramses states starling me. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" he says smirking.

"What are you doing here?" I demand.

"I wanted to make sure you got back safely, but I think you look better in white" he tells me.

"Well I couldn't exactly wear white in the Hebrew village. I'd stand out" I state.

"Where did you get these clothes?" he asks me as I remove the shawl.

"I made them, my mother was a seamstress" I tell him. "Anyway, you've seen me now. You should return to your chambers" I tell him.

"Of course, I'll see you when I return tomorrow" he tells me. Before leaving. I get changed and call it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Iris' outfit.