52

Jasper Avenue - CaRter

"Hard, please." I said to the bartender inside the bar. I'm at the Joe's. And ever since me and stella got back together I've never gone here.

I don't know why would she cheat on me. I did everything. I maybe did something wrong to taint our relationship, back then. But do I deserve to get cheated on?

I had a hard time trusting her back then because she's known for being a playgirl and almost all of my friends know her. But still I risked it.

That night my friend told me that he saw stella at the bar, dancing. While she told me she's at her parents house. Of course I confronted her but she just got mad and broke up with me. I can't afford losing her that time that's why I did everything I could to get back with her. And I was so guilty that time. She made me feel guilty.

What a manipulator.

"Fuck!" Hinilamos ko ang palad ko sa mukha ko. "You deserve, what you tolerate. Indeed." I took a shot of my liquor and looked at the stage. No one's there.

I guess she's not here anymore. Besides she's famous and she can just have her big break as a singer and not have gigs here. Well, this is also a high-end bar.

"Whiskey please.." The guy beside me said. "You broken hearted, man?" I looked at him when he said that.

"I guess? I just got cheated on." I chuckled with no humor.

"Oh, that's fucked up." He answered silently, trying to be sensitive.

"It's fine. How 'bout you?" I asked.

"Just dropped by. I thought they're gonna play here tonight." Napaangat agad ako sa sinabi niya.

"You know the band here?" He nodded.

"Why? You know them too? Lifeline?"

"Yeah.. I guess I'm friends with their singer." I stopped. "Or not.." We don't talk anymore and I don't know if she still consider me as her friend.

I wanted to talk or chat her so bad these past few weeks but Stella will always get mad for searching girls and chatting them. She also got mad when she saw I was texting Ate Nico. I just asked if she baked cookies dahil nanghihingi si ate.

She's afraid of what she does, huh.

"Maji?" Nagsalubong ang kilay ko sa sinabi niya. "I mean Veronica? She's my childhood friend. I'm actually planning to confess to her. I don't know where to get that confidence. But I guess I'll still try. I'm leaving for Amsterdam next week narin naman. Para no regrets. I know I'll get rejected." He chuckled.

He likes Augustine huh.. and maji? He have a nickname for her? Well it's normal they're friends eversince.