Part 15 | A Monster

Later that night you knocked timidly on what you knew to be the Queens chambers.

A maid opened the door and looked at you suspiciously.

"May I please speak to the Queen? It's about Loki" you asked and she nodded once before disappearing. A moment later Frigga stepped out, smiling at you.

"Hello dear, are you alright?" She asked kindly.

"I'm so sorry to bother you your Majesty, I'm just worried about Loki. He disappeared a couple of hours ago and hasn't returned" you answered, twisting your fingers together. Her face fell.

"He's in the library sweetheart. Just... be cautious. He's extremely upset, and may yell, but I promise he's not mad at you" she replied softly, putting a hand on your cheek. "Please talk to him, he needs someone right now but won't let me in."

You nodded and thanked her before sprinting off in the direction of the library.

You pushed open the tall double doors and looked around the darkened room.

"Loki?" You called quietly, moving between the floor to ceiling shelves. You searched the whole place, almost giving up before you heard a small sniffle.

You turned around the last corner to see Loki curled up on a small couch, his face buried in his arms.

"Loki" you whispered, running towards him.

"Stay back" he said, his voice muffled by his shirt. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me Loki. What's wrong" you asked softly, sitting beside him and wrapping your arms around him. His stiffened up and tried to move away.

"No" he choked out, looking up at you. His eyes were red and puffy and there were tears running down his cheeks.

"No" he repeated, more firmly this time, shuffling to the side and pushing your arms off him. "I'm going to hurt you."

"Loki, what happened?"

"Laufeyson" he whispered, more tears spilling over. "My name is Loki Laufeyson." He looked over at you again. "Odin told me that... that I'm a frost giant" he whispered, more tears spilling over.

"I'm a monster. People tell their children stories about them, about what they've done, and I've been one all along" he continued, his voice cracking.

"I have no one" he sobbed. "No family, they're all dead. They didn't want me. They left me to die and Odin found me. He's not my Father, Frigga's not my Mother and Thor isn't my brother."

"Yes they are Loki" you said quietly, ignoring his attempts to stop you as you hugged him tightly. He gave in and pulled you close, laying his head on your shoulder as he cried.

"I'm an orphan Loki, I know what it's like to have no family, and what you have isn't that. They may not be of blood to you, but you are Loki Odinson, because you are the son of Frigga and Odin, brother to Thor" you continued, stroking his hair gently. "They love you so much."

"Even if they do, I'm a monster" he whispered.

"No you're not Loki, you're beautiful."

"Yes, I am" he insisted, sitting up properly and looking down at you. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. You thought he was trying to calm down when his skin slowly started turning blue, starting at his hand and spreading all over his body.

When he opened his eyes they were red and there little engravings all over his skin.

"Look" he said, looking at his arms with disgust. "I'm a monster."

You reached up to touch his cheek. He flinched away.

"I don't want to hurt you" he whispered.

"Loki, have you ever hurt me?"

He stayed silent.

"Other than the time you punched me instead of that mafia dude, you have never hurt me" you said firmly. He laughed quietly, remembering that incident.

You reached out again and this time he let you. You traced the lines over his face.

"They're beautiful" you whispered, stroking his cheek. "You're beautiful, not a monster."

He pulled you close as skin slowly returned to normal. "Thank you" he whispered, burying your face in your hair.

"Don't thank me" you whispered back, stroking his hair.

He teleported you both to his room, landing on the bed with a bounce.

You shrieked as you bounced off the floor and landed on the plush carpet. Loki started laughing hysterically as you flipped him off and climbed back onto the bed. You snuggled into his arms and closed your eyes.

"Goodnight bean."

"Goodnight my darling."

There was silence for a few seconds.

"Does this mean I can call you smurf?"

"No" he answered, opening his eyes to see you grinning evilly. He groaned. "You're going to anyway aren't you?"

You nodded and kissed his cheek, closing your eyes again.