Part 3 | Mission

*Two weeks later*

"Floaty, reindeer games, you have a mission."

Tony passed you a plain Manila folder labelled 'Property of SHIELD; Classified.'

Loki appeared beside you in a shimmer of green, looking over your shoulder.

"Jeez Loki, you're going to give me heart attack" you said. He smirked.

Opening up the folder, you saw a photo of a tall man with a winding snake tattoo across his forehead. He had short cropped blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

"You two are to go to a criminal owned casino and get this man's briefcase" Tony explained. "He is a well known drug dealer, and he will have his files in there."

"And he's just going to leave it lying around?" you asked sceptically.

"No, you guys have to steal it and run. He's guarding it himself while he gambles. Loki you may need to put an illusion on the both of you."

Loki nodded, reading over the notes in front of you.

"Oh, and you two are married."

"I beg your pardon?" Loki said, looking up at Tony.

"For the mission. You two will need to act like a married couple" Tony replied, the hint of a grin on his features.

"And how do you expect us to do that?" You questioned.

"You know, dance together I guess. Whatever looks convincing. You leave tonight. You're staying overnight in a hotel room across from the casino to observe how everything works, and then you'll go in tomorrow evening. I've already had everything packed for you, there are outfits on your beds. Have fun."

And with that, Tony turned on his heel and left the room.

"Well, this will be interesting" Loki smirked.

"Loki if you hurt my child I will kill you" Wanda threatened from the kitchen.

In the past two weeks she had been helping you settle in. Secretly you wished she was your Mother.

She poked her head out of the doorway, pointing a spatula at the God threateningly. "And make sure you look after her."

Loki raised his hands in surrender. Wanda nodded approvingly and went back to her baking with Vision.

"So basically I have to pretend to be married to a little shit for two days as my first mission?" You groaned.

"Indeed you do" Loki answered with a grin before disappearing.

—————————————————

"Are you excited?" Thor asked as you had an early dinner cooked by Bucky.

"No, I have to pretend to be married to your brother for two days" you answered with a mock sigh.

"How do you think I feel?" Loki commented, holding a hand to his head dramatically.

"Pack it up drama queens, you'll both survive. Besides, maybe you'll even enjoy it" Pietro said cheekily. You threw a butter knife at him.

He shrieked and dove under the table. You snickered and flicked your wrist, stopping the knife mid-air and floating it back to your plate.

"Sweetie please don't kill my brother" Wanda said in an amused voice. (Just call Ultron.... Too soon?)

"But he's annoying."

"I know."

You pouted and went back to eating as Pietro crawled back onto his chair.

"Miss L/n and Mr Odinson, it is time for you to prepare for your mission" Friday said.

Loki waved his hand, sending a shimmer of green down your body. In its wake you found yourself in a simple dark green dress with matching green heels. Loki was wearing a tailored all black suit, his raven hair slightly tussled. (Ragnorok suit😩)

"How did you know Stark left this out for me?" You asked him as you stood up, wobbling slightly in the shoes.

"He showed me a picture."

You took a deep breath and attempted to walk forwards, almost falling before catching yourself on the edge of the table.

"Right. Tomorrow, you need to practice walking in heels in the hotel room" Nat instructed.

"What use will heels ever be?"

She simply grinned as the team chuckled.

"You'll be surprised how many times Nat's gotten out of a sticky situation using her heels as defence" Clint replied.

"All right you two, Happy's waiting downstairs" Steve said, giving you both a wave.

As everyone called out their goodbyes you took off the shoes and walked barefoot over to the door.

"Very classy" Loki commented with a smirk. You flipped him off.

"Hey! I do not need my child doing that!"
Wanda said firmly.

"Sorry Wan" you said with a grin before walking out the door.