1

Selah's POV

the blank ceiling above me made my eyes squint and not to mention the slight sunlight beaming in through my window. I turned over slowly on my side while my bed sunk just a bit from my movement. My warm brown hair getting in the way of my vision which caused me to hop up from under my comfy and warm bed sheets.

Stretching my arms above my body and with that my shirt lifted just above my underwear line showing the bottom of my dangling belly button piercing. I looked to my side to see the time display on my alarm clock.

7:45AM.

I rolled my eyes at myself because I knew I was going to be late to class once again. college would be fun they said. they surely did exaggerate and LIE, might I add. I walked over to my wall mirror and looked myself up and down seeing that the sleep in my eyes hadn't been wiped away yet.

"fuck my life," I pouted. I hated even the thought of going to class. I didn't talk to anyone, no friends, I lived alone in my one bedroom apartment with no other company other than my colorful fish tank that held only about 3 goldfish.

wiping the sleep away from my eyes, I quickly threw on some black leggings and some of my moccasin's that fit my feet just right and then lastly just an oversized black hoodie that read "2020," on the back of it from when I graduated high school.

running into the bathroom to brush my teeth, throw some deodorant on and just a spray of perfume before grabbing my book bag and car keys and heading out of the door.

this only being my second year of college, to learn language and literature to possibly become something in life. I arrived at campus, students walking from one block to the other which made my heart clenched because I hated being around a crowd of people or just people in general.

stepping foot slowly out of my vehicle because I dreaded going to class. I walked myself through the open area that the school surrounded so I could make my way to my class.

opening the door slowly because somehow my small body couldn't seem to open a steel door to save my life. finally getting the door open with a tiny bit of struggle my eyes met a pair of dark brown eyes, the same as mine.

but his had a glisten in them, more like they simmered more and more each time he blinked. "are you gonna move or just stare at me?" he asked me, causing me to snap back into reality and move out of his way.

"i'm sorry, i-i zoned out," i struggled to speak. he just laughed at the fact he caught me staring.

"yeah sure, it looked like you were admiring me," he smirked and winked at me like he was feeling himself. i rolled my eyes in annoyance, he was just another one of those pretty boys. only this time this pretty boy had face tats and grown out bleached hair.

"right." i flatly said and turned on my heel to walk into the building towards my classroom.

"the names Dominic!" he yelled from a distance. i scoffed at his remark from a distance. i finally strolled through the hallway to find my classroom.

i was more than unbelievably late, but i still had no choice other than to walk in the classroom and have everyone's eyes drawn towards me.

opening the big wooden door, i stepped in the classroom and saw exactly what i was expecting. everyone to look my way. i sighed in embarrassment, because my social anxiety was about to get the best of me. i just kept my head down and walked toward my seat.

"late again ms. Willis," my professor spoke with stern laced in his voice. i looked up at him and sighed.

"i'm sorry mr. Jacobs, it won't happen again," i lied because i knew i would be late again. he just nodded and continued his lesson.

getting my stuff out of my book bag and loud bang came from the doors i had recently entered causing everyone to look back at the doors once more.

"sorry i'm late, mr. Jacobs, i got lost," the boy laughed. Jacobs rolled his eyes and pointed to the seat that sat in the very front.

"have a seat mr. Fike," he scolded. i watched as Dominic walked down the steps and to his seat. as he seated himself his gaze met mine. a sly smirked played on his face, and his whole body shifted in my direction.

"what's your name?" he called out to me, causing everyone to look at me. i looked around in worry, and then back down to him.

"DOMINIC!" professor yelled out to him to get him to turn around.

"just wait, i'll listen when she tells me her name," he laughed and pointed to me. Jacobs sighed and folded his arms across his chest. he moved his hand in motion to indicate to just tell Dominic my name so he could get on with his lesson.

i gulped with anxiety and pushed some of my hair behind my ear. "it's Selah," i quietly said.

"what was that? I can't hear you," Dominic teased, anger was suddenly growing inside of me making me want to just bang his head against his crappy desk.

"I said it's SELAH!" i yelled, which made him somewhat jump from my response. he smiled and turned around in his desk.

"you can continue, Jacobs," he laughed. i rolled my eyes in annoyance and decided to pay him no attention the rest of the lesson.