✄ ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ ᖴOᑌᖇ ✄

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴀʟᴄᴏʜᴏʟ

They were right in front of the counter

They were right in front of the counter. Thomas would be paying, Newt would say they could split maybe, but the brunet was too stubborn. He knew how to get Newt. The blonde was everything, but calm. He was so nervous to see Brenda on an other perspective than his usual.

He would be the customer. Right when Thomas was looking for his drink, she appeared. As if she didn't even care about who Newt was. She acted like she didn't know him, but still gave him a wink before Thomas could see it.

"Can I have your orders?" she asked.

The brunet looked at Newt, who was beside him looking down at the floor. He felt stupid because he maybe looked stupid, but when he tilted his head to Thomas, he felt like a fool hoping for Thomas to like him the way he did.

"An ice coffee with medium sugar," Newt replied, the second time looking at Brenda.

"I'd like to have the same."

When they got their drinks, Thomas paid, as Newt tried to make it fair. He would love to pay for Thomas as well, but he only had four dollars. It didn't matter, because the brunet paid anyway. While walking through the park, they drank the drinks in a comfortable silence while Newt's head was being too loud.

He realized how much progress he had made on Thomas. The boy didn't even know him a year ago. Maybe Thomas knew him, but didn't remember him through the summer break because Newt decided to not wear glasses or paint his freckles.

"Let's sit down, should we?" Thomas murmured.

They sat down on the nearest bench, Thomas made sure that they had no space between them. Newt's thigh was touching Thomas' thigh and he was sure that the brunet noticed him shaking. He looked down, avoiding Thomas' gaze and drank a few sips of his ice coffee.

"Are you cold?" Thomas asked eventually.

Newt wasn't freezing, he was shaking so bad because he knew Thomas was the one touching him. It was unbelievable for him that Thomas was with him after a long college day. He wasn't cold in any way, the opposite, he was sweating under his yellow sweater and his cheeks were flushed red because of the warm spring weather.

"I'm not," Newt whispered.

"Look, there's nothing to be nervous about, if that is your problem... If you don't like it in public we can go to mine, I live only a few streets away," Thomas said, placing his free and on Newt's.

Newt felt as if a wave of sweetness crashed onto his whole body. It made him shiver and gave him goosebumps all over his body and he loved it. He loved Thomas' touch so much, it hurt and he knew he had to cool himself down when he got home.

"Yeah... Would be calmer- I mean, if that's not a problem..." Newt replied, unsure if he really wanted to go to Thomas' place, but he really wanted to see his room and what condition he lived.