The Eleventh Voyage

Magsimula sa umpisa

Many vendors interested me with their plethora of interesting goods and innovations; However, I decided to wrap around to the other half of the island for a while to see the aesthetic farmland. I was greeted by passing farmers, not as a Princess, but as myself. Eventually, I ran into a familiar figure. The one known as Spartos. "Greetings, Princess (Y/N). You must forgive me. I did not know you would be here..." He greeted, before scratching the back of his neck out of embarrassment.

"There is no need to call me a Princess. You can just call me (Y/N). Of course, if this is allowed, then I get to call you Spartos, instead of having any formalities." I joked, chuckling into my uncoiled fist. Spartos looked away for a moment, before nodding in affirmation. "Alright then, would you like to join me, Spartos?" He nodded again, before we continued down the dirt road in silence.

"So... what are you doing all the way out here? I don't mean to pry in any way! But... you were absent at breakfast, and I thought you might have gotten lost, so I decided to go look for you; However, you were nowhere to be found. I know you weren't kidnapped, because of your beautiful serenades this morning, so..." Spartos blabbered, trying to find the right words. A small, pink blush was painted over my cheeks, before I decided to answer.

"I don't have much of an appetite... and what transpired yesterday left a rather... odd taste in my mouth." I muttered, feeling embarrassed just thinking about it. Of course, the situation didn't really involve my presence, but it was still heavily printed on my memory.

"Yeah... I heard about that." Hearing him, I looked up into his uncovered eye, wanting to know how he knew, "Everyone in the palace knows at this point... Ja'far told us to make sure you are absolutely comfortable, since your first impression of our King wasn't... of nobility. Sinbad can be frivolous, but you have to believe my words that he is a good King. I know the chances of you forgiving him are slim, but I hope, one day, you will find it in your heart to forgive him." Spartos explained, feeling somewhat responsible for what happened. 'But why?' I wondered, facing my gaze downwards.

"Spartos, I have a lot of questions that I would like to be answered later, but for now, all I can think to say is... that I do forgive him. As the High Priestess of the Church of Feanel, it is imbedded in my beliefs that he should be forgiven; However, this doesn't excuse that my arrival was no secret to him and that having such... intimate affairs on the day of my arrival was absolutely improper and vaguely insulting. Nevertheless, I forgive him, but not his actions." I explained, feeling prejudice just thinking about the matter. I decided to change the subject to something more pleasant, "Besides that, you mentioned that the whole palace heard of it correct? Who are 'the whole palace?'"

"Forgive my lack of elaborated information. I only meant the Eight Generals." Spartos stated, as my thoughts drifted to my generals. "You will meet them soon enough. It is only a matter of time."

"...Spartos? Are you from Sasan?" I asked, slightly feeling nervous after I said it so bluntly, "Pardon my bluntness, but your hair suggests that you are from there, so I just thought. It seems that you also speak from experience, when you were defending Sindria's King, so I took you as one of great faith and nobility, which are honorable attributes of the people of Sasan."

"You would be correct, (Y/N), but how did you know?" Spartos queried, as I let out a quick giggle.

"I was on an island for thirteen years with a great curiosity to keep me company. I am bound to study other cultures down to the bare bones. Of course, I do have other hobbies, but learning about other places and people is one of my favorite pass times." I explained, with a simple smile drawn onto my features. A small, almost invisible blush appeared on Spartos's pale cheeks. He turned his gaze downward so I wouldn't be able to see. "So... I know it is kind of weird to ask, but... why did you leave yesterday? It seemed too coincidental that you had a meeting at that very moment." There was a moment of stillness. It wasn't exactly awkward, but it was eerily quiet. I looked toward Spartos for an answer; However, his gaze was shifted downward.

"I-" Before he could say another word, Spartos seemed to stop himself. "I am sorry to cut our conversation short, (Y/N), but I believe we should head back to the palace as soon as possible. Luncheon should be served soon." I would have pressed the conversation further, but I perfectly knew that it was none of my business. With a heavy heart, Spartos walked me back to the palace. We bantered every so often; However, our walk was filled with a comfortable silence. Upon arriving back to the palace, I finally noticed how large and ornate it was. Anytime I would get distracted, Spartos lead me along. Opening one of the large doors, I gapped at the sight before me. A marble staircase lead down to a large table with occupants speaking with one another respectfully.

"I wouldn't have imagined that Sinbad would have a unified luncheon." I spoke accidently, before I covered my mouth and shifted my stance. Spartos only smiled at me, before walking me down the stairs.

"It is the one of the many things Sinbad has never failed to miss unless he is off somewhere. In any case, we are Sinbad's friends, so why wouldn't we join him for an hour or so?" Spartos commented, as an uncomfortable smile crossed over my grim features.

"I guess... you wouldn't be wrong..."

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Spartos queried, a look of concern drawn on his features. Sometimes I wonder how we became such good acquaintances in such a short time; Nevertheless, Spartos gave me some sort of comfort. A religious comfort that I wasn't alone in my faith. Without answering, Spartos immediately recognized the source of my worries. One of them being Sinbad, which he had no control over. The second was the room filled with new people. This, he could help me with. "Don't worry. They're an odd bunch but all of them are good people." Taking my hand in his, he lead me down the stairs and into the small crowd. An odd bunch indeed.