Chapter45: Know where you stand

Mulai dari awal

Some part of me is thinking about taking Golden Angels' open window of letting me join their team, causing me to focus more on my skills and play on the field. I would have decided not to play today, if I haven't gotten that email from them and would have watch the game with my friends.

While another part of me feels like I'm cutting and running from a team that I've only joined after four games. The one thing that I don't let myself become known for, is exactly what I was doing. I'm quitting after getting my hands dirty and have the work half finished, sucks standing in front of a crossroad like this.

My thoughts were cut short when Charlotte, Ryan and David walked into the room, they were greeting everyone with a hug or the boys would do this handshake before doing a 'bro hug'.

David and I haven't talked much to each other since last night, I know that we've both agree to talk after the game. But now it starting to feel like we were either dragging the conversation or pushing it under the carpet.

He looked almost unsure if he should hug me or not, so to stop his brain from going into overdrive and shut down, I stood up and made the first move.
Wrapping my arms lightly around his waist as his moved slowly around me, lightly squeezing him as the shooting stars in my mind suddenly stopped.

Hugging him for a short moment before moving away, "Is the bus still down?"

"Nothing yet." He said with a small smile, noticing that he was a little bit too tense, so he dropped his shoulders slightly and calmed himself and his foot.
Biting my lip to keep myself from chuckling a little bit at the fact that I notice his tapping before he did. "But Uncle Richie is keeping us posted."

Nodding my head when Kevin made this victory cry while Frankie groaned in frustration, "Come on, I had you. How did you get out of that one?!"

Giving the almost red faced Frankie a schmuck smirk that Kevin got in round one from him, "Kuma sucks, bro. Told ya that I'm gonna get you back."

Looking at the scoreboard, seeing that theirs are between two thousand and two thousand and ninety nine. Causing me to smile when I think back to the summer time when I was still at home with Johnny, "I can beat you two."

Both guys paused their game to look at me, then each other before softly chuckling amongst themselves. Shaking my head by these two's reaction to what I've said and I wasn't the only one, Charlie jump in to defend me,

"What are you two laughing about? You don't know what this girl has up her sleeves when it comes to playing your videogame."

"We don't have anything against Jenna to play with us." Frankie raised his hands in surrender, turning himself around to face all of us as he tried explaining, "But this game isn't something that you can just play, I mean you have to know how each character play, their power attacks and weapons."

Most boys always make something up whenever a girl wants to play with their videogames.

That was my thought as I crossed my arms saying, "My brothers play this game back home and has taught me everything that I need to know how to play it. Plus I bet that I can beat both of your characters using the weakest character in the whole game."

That statement caused both boys including David and Ryan to become interested in the possibility that a weak character can take down a stronger one.
And not just one, but two of them. Janelle lean forward, staring at me with curious eyes, "Can that actually happen?"

"Not a chance." Kevin said almost too confidently which is always the first sign of failure in this case. But ignorance is bliss truly, "A weak character can't beat a stronger character in any videogame, it's basic facts."