Introverts - Han Jisung

Introverts - han jisung

Probably it was the way that people treated him, or didn't quite treat him right that perked your curiosity about him in the first place. An introvert, a very handsome one at that, had joined your school a few weeks ago and rumors had to spread to make things seem like it was normal.

He seemed normal though, unlike the rumors surrounding the air around you both. His little dad jokes made you chuckle although he apologized immediately during chemistry which was one of the classes you shared with him. Yet he walked the hallways with his red headphones giving no care about what people had to say about him.

Something about the way he felt about people and their opinions confused you. You were indeed a victim of peer pressure, and standing up wasn't in your blood. Somehow you felt that the mini conversations you had with this particular boy felt different from what standards the school had set for him.

Making your way past the hallways to the cafeteria for lunch after chemistry, you couldn't stop giggling. Jisung had prepared a whole list of elemamtal jokes while you were supposed to be balancing chemical equations.

When you finally sat down at your table, the girls couldn't help but be curious at your giggles.

" Yo, did you snort something on the way from chemistry? "

" Yeah probably laughing gas. Get it? " You said repeating one of his jokes while your girlfriends just stared at you like you were crazy.

" Don't mind her she's been hanging out with that new guy. " Jess spoke up and that was enough for your other friends to follow her disgust as she was the most popular out of your group.

" Ugh really? "

" Ew. "

You could feel yourself wanting to sink into the bench after seeing your friends reactions. Why were they so biased? It was pathetic that they shaped their opinions based on popularity, yet you found some good in them from time to time that made you stick with them for so long.

" Omg I heard he calls himself Han on the internet and writes diss tracks. How pathetic. "

" Hey that's a bit harsh. Don't spread false information unless you know about the guy. " You said, your friends shocked that you actually spoke up for once.

" Calm your tits gurl. We were just saying things that we had to come to know about. It's not like we're accusing him or anything. " Jess said fake pouting.

" Yeah. And what's with you? Why are you so defensive. Do you like him or something?"

" I don't like him. Not in that way atleast for now. But why so you say it like it's a crime. "

" Because it is. I mean have you seen the guy? "

The whole table started snickering and you could feel the red flush starting to travel from your cheeks toll the tip of your ears. But you couldn't stop now. You needed to see what you saw in him.

" I have not only seen the guy but I have also spent time with him. How rude can you guys be? You guys don't see the way I see him. That's because you just believe whatever bullshit is running through these school walls. If only you could actually make the time to see what's real. He isn't the cutest or the hottest, neither does he have to be. He's perfect the way he is. So, if you don't have anything nice to say about him, then save it. "

You could feel the silence sit on your shoulders. Then in less than two seconds the whispering started around you. It would take less than two days for you to hear a crazy rumor about yourself and for once you didn't care.

" I've lost my appetite because of you guys. I'll see you guys later, if you have something nice to say. " You said, throwing your empty tray into the trash again and passed your so called friends.

But what you didn't expect was the guy you defended to stand in front of you. For one second you thought that you he didn't hear anything you said about him because of his headphones, but then you realised that he paused his song on his phone.

" I- umm I gotta go. " Was the only words you could form outta your head as you pushed the exit door to the garden.

" Wait! "Jisung finally said as he caught his breath chasing you.

You didn't know whether to look back or walk forward. The bench ten metres ahead tempted you, yet you decided to freeze.

" Wow. Ummn now that I'm standing before you my head is blank. I wish I had a way with words like you did back there but I can only put that thought process to work when I'm writing lyrics."

You looked at him confused not exactly knowing what to do with the information he just provided you with.

" Sensing your expression, I must have rambled off to a random fact about myself. "

You nodded and he just scratched the back of his neck.

" Umm I just wanted to say thanks for what you did earlier. You didn't need to but you did. So yeah, thanks. "

" Yeah, umm don't mention it. Just that, it would be nice if you stood up for yourself as well sometimes. "

He just chuckled in response.

" Trust me, we introverts are better off with wearing headphones to cancel all the bullshit. Cuz I don't think I could ever do what you did back there. " He said giving you a grin, but then he paused and asked you

" Wait you are an introvert right? "

" Guilty as charged. "

" Well then my fellow introvert, let me treat you to a fine dining lunch and ramble random topics for what you have done today. " He said bowing down like a prince making you giggle for the second time that day.

" And where would this fine dining be? "

" While of course, McDonald's. " He said flashing that winner grin, making you shake your head as you accepting his hand to lead the way for you.

While you might have just met the guy, or even had a full deep conversation over lunch for the first time you were excited on where this was going. And for the first time, you didn't feel any pressure.

Skz Imagines 🖤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें